Chapter Five: Love, Faith, Woman And The Society.

This the chapter where we go through what love means to us and why we should relate it to our social life and our spiritual consciousness

........................................................................

The philosophers of the world declared that love is a virtue that represents every act of human kindness or compassion and even affection. They also said that love is that ‘unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another’.

This emotion will always be an integral part of every life be it man or woman, children or adults. The saying that love does not envy or boast or put out pride should stick to all the minds of the person reading this text now. No evil will prevail anywhere in the world if there is love. Love shows no anger towards other people neither does it seek what is only good for its good.

In the one of the Holy books, I read how this emotion can be seen in the simplest way. My best part is the one that reads that, “if I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything but didn’t love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody.”

I can actually drop my pen right now and leave you to ponder and wonder about it this. It has spoken what is in my heart with just the wisdom of its words. Faith without love, in a nutshell, is naught.

Love can only be a tool that believers can use to strengthen their Faith. No matter how am anointed one seem to be or how powerful in spirit and in the society we think ourselves to be, without the spirit of loving thy neighbor as thyself in us, it all boil down to us being a nobody in the sight of Him that matters, the Almighty.

The society we live in these days has turned most women against what they believe. Faith-based doctrines have become something that one has to hunt for in a congregation of believers. The faith we seem to have is surrounded by circumstances that are totally wrong and cannot strengthen it.

In the Holy Bible, Ephesians 2 verse 8, Apostle Paul made us to understand that we are saved because of faith. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God,” was what he wrote.

Simply put, without the grace of the most high, we will not have the opportunity of faith which has in turn been the bedrock for our living and our survival as God’s creations. It is of great importance to please our creator and he said that without faith, we will find it hard to do this. And the world we live in now makes it even a harder difficulty.

Our devotion to who we are and what we are to the people we relate with will define how the direction or the level of our love and faith will grow. We cannot ultimately base what love should mean on how or what we feel. It is more than that. It becomes hard to indentify it when we are in a faithless gathering or going in a direction that does not recognize the essence of having faith. This brings this discussion to what a faith-based love should mean in a society that does not really recognize it.

Loving in a faith-based manner is different from loving as we see it being done every day. We love the people that God created so that we can express that we keep His teachings in our hearts.

Getting butterflies in the tummy when you see a brother does not mean you are not a good Muslim or Christian. The feeling of fluttering in the tummy has nothing to do with the love we have for one another in the actual sense of the word. The kind of love I’m talking about is the kind that goes beyond when you feel  happy that you have given a gift to someone that asked for something else.

“He needed a sweater, I gave him a shoes out of the goodness of my heart,” is not the right kind of giving. Why? Because that was not what the person needed at that moment.  The love we share should be meaningful. It should be the kind that we would want to be given. No one wants a thief for a son, no one wants to live in a neighborhood that gossips and yet you go to hurch and talk about how horrible your flat mate is or how tired you are of your husband or son for being this and that. All the commandments that are written in the bible leads to just one simple conclusion; the conclusion is to love like you would want to be loved.

Hearing the word of God on a regular basis no matter how busy the society makes us, can be a balance in our life. Faith is an act of trust that we put in someone else. You cannot put your trust in someone you have no love for. Loving faithfully takes a great and deeper understand of God and a desire to be prosperous in this world.

What I am saying in essence is that, love and faith goes hand in hand to make our journey through living a prosperous life an easy one. It will give room for a friendlier society, a happier family and a powerful congregation.