Chapter Six: Who Are The Demons?

This chapter is on our fears and how they rule our life. This text is going to take us through the ways whereby our faith can be strengthened to make us conquer all fears.

.............................................................

It is the desire of our creator for us as His creations to live a life that is meaningful, peaceful and a life that has direction that will lead to heaven. His intent when He started creation was not to create a bunch of goalless and proud beings that will make no difference in the world. His heart was to give us the grace to be abundant and serve Him wholly and fully, but circumstances have changed the mindset of many. They have forgotten their purposes. They need to be reminded in spite of all that may overwhelm them.

We all have the demons that we continually face in our day to day living. There are those that threaten our faith and our life. These demons come in different shapes and characters. The ones that give us the most harm are the ones we created with our carelessness. Lack of faith or loss of faith has left many to retire deeper into the clutches of these demons.

God didn’t create anyone to suffer or to be afflicted by pain and diseases or tribulations.

Job of the bible was one of those that were faced with the worst tribulations anyone could ever imagine. He was tried with all sorts of afflictions but his faith remained steadfast and praises remained on his lips till the very end.  Many will always ponder on why they are faced with one suffering or the other. They wonder if God was testing them and even if, what they could do to make it.

Women are often the worst to deal with trials and tribulations. We are gentle and vulnerable. Most events affect us the hardest and the fastest. For the sake of making it easier and simpler, I am going to touch on the simplest demons that affect almost every woman and how we can find solace in the word of God during these times.

The first one I want to mention is the fear of failing. Yes, many women are out there are facing this problem and wondering how best to deal with it. Many have dealt with it only to be thrust into a deeper mess. Fear is something that many of us feel. It is a shadow that looms over our heads and make us wander in unclear directions and with uncertainty in every stride we take.

I read in one of the Holy Books that God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity but of love, power and self discipline.

Failure at something is the greatest fear of a woman. It is however the simplest to conquer. The love that radiates in us as women is very great and when utilized appropriately, it can take us anywhere. We can do anything as we are powerful and the strength and discipline that we were created with should be enough for us to conquer the world without a hint of fear.

Failure and fear are demons that walk hand in hand to plague people but we say enough is enough. Fear is a state, you can decide to stay in it or move from it.

Many women start off on a journey of self discovery without a plan and a strategy. They get to the middle of the road and get stuck due to lack of direction. A future endeavor without a strong plan will only result into a waste of time. It is true that sometimes we are so eager to start that we forget to make necessary preparations for the unexpected.

But when we find ourselves in this predicament, we need not despair or lose focus. Remember the word of God that says, “trust in the Lord with all your heart; don’t depend on your understanding but seek his will in all that you do and he will then show you which path to take.”

He knows all the right direction when you are at a crossroad. The journey might have been tiring but it is never too late to call on Him to give you a new direction. He is sure to lead towards that destination of grace and abundant success. We all need a helping hand and He is just but a few sentences of prayer and ayat away from hearing you.  When the demon called lack of direction calls on you, push it off and hold out your hand for Him to take you there.

For whatever reason, many had led themselves to a path where they are lost as to where they are going or coming from. They have dug a hole and walked right into it due to neglect and ignorance.

Grief had taken a heavy toll on many and had made them to lose their faith in all that is good and their spiritual wellbeing. This is not a way to go please. One of the Holy books says that even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we should 'fear no evil'. The Almighty is with us and will be there to comfort us. The comfort that is gotten from His words and His grace is not the kind that leaves us when time lapses. It is everlasting for as long as we continue to do his will.

Grief is not something that anyone would pray for but when it happens, learn to lean heavily towards Him for comfort. It is your weapon to fight this demon.

The demons in our life that continually find its ways unto our paths will not do us any harm. We are equipped with a powerful tool called prayer in the word of God and sometimes the sheer use of our God given common sense. Be not be afraid of that foul-looking, fire-spitting dragon, you are equipped with what to defeat it in an instant.