Chapter 19

Recap:

 Damon’s hands tightened on my waist and a slightly worried expression crossed his face. “Where are you going?” Damon asked in a small voice, like one word would break him. My heart again felt like it was breaking.

“I’m not going anywhere; I’m only going to blow the candles out.” I said in a soft voice, running my hands softly through his hair to calm him down enough to move slightly out of his arms and blow the candles out.

Once the last candle was blown out Damon immediately tugged me back into his grasp which he hadn’t loosened since the start of the storm.

“Night Els.” Damon said softly, pulling me in up against him tightly before sighing.

“Night Damon.” I said softly in reply before snuggling up into his hold, falling asleep to the slight electric tingles running through my body where Damon was holding me. At one point I could have sworn I felt lips against my forehead but I couldn’t be sure. I may have just been dreaming.

Chapter 19

When I woke up the next morning I didn’t want to move or open my eyes. I didn’t want the tingles that were rushing along my stomach to end from Damon’s fingers lightly running over the area or the tingles along my back where Damon was pressed up against me. How long has he been doing that because that feels really good? I would love to wake up to these tingles every morning if it was possible. I thought to myself with a slight sigh. I snuggled back further into Damon’s arms, giving away the fact that I was now awake. He only tightened his arms around me. Even better. I thought to myself, feeling content. I only sighed again.

I opened my eyes reluctantly to see the time, closing them again when I saw that it was seven. My eyes quickly shot open when the time registered in my head. Seven o’clock? It’s seven o’clock in the morning! Oh my god, what if Mitchell comes home and finds Damon in my room? I’ll be toast and he’ll be six feet under. I can’t have that happening. I thought as I shot up out of bed, running around crazily like my head was chopped off trying to get Damon out of my bed and into the spare bedroom or the bathroom at least.

“What the hell Ellie?” Damon exclaimed with a confused expression on his face when my efforts of moving him out of my bed failed. Why does this boy have to be so muscly? Any other time it’s fine except when I want him out of my bed.

“You need to get out of here before Mitchell comes home and sees you in my room in my bed!” I said trying to stress the situation only causing Damon to scoff.

“Mitchell won’t be coming home yet. He’ll be spending every second he can in Chelsea’s bed.” He said with a smirk before winking at me slyly making me pause in my efforts to move him off my bed.

“Oh.” I said staring at him which caused him to laugh. “Oh! Damon that is disgusting!” I cried hitting him across the chest as horrifying images flashed across my mind involving my brother and my best friend. Damon just laughed harder.

“Now get back in here! I was not ready to get up yet.” Damon said, getting comfortable in my bed before lifting the blanket up in invitation for me to get back into bed; one that I couldn’t resist.

Damon moved closer to me once I had gotten under the covers. The combination of his body heat and the heat that was being produced from my covers was pleasant, almost as if it wanted to lull me back to sleep. Damon had other ideas as his arms wrapped tightly around me. I expected him to pull me into his chest put he did something different that had my pulse racing and my breathing deepening.