Chapter 13

Recap:

 “No, you haven’t gained my forgiveness yet. I told you that it would take a lot to get me to forgive you and you haven’t even started yet.” I said with a slight smile.

 “That’s fine with me.” Damon said with a smirk. “Though I have to ask, why did you cover up my mark?” Damon asked with a frown on his face. Again with the frown? It’s like it’s a permanent fixture on his face at the moment.

 “I already told you. Mitchell would kill you if he found out that you gave me a hickey; plus I don’t want people asking questions. It’s not like me to turn up one day with a hickey.” I said in a ‘duh’ voice.

 “Well I don’t like seeing it covered. Next time I’ll do it so that there is no way that you can cover it.” Damon said with conviction before turning to the lounge room. Why would he care if it's only a regret? “And hurry up; I want this day to pass quickly till it’s this afternoon.” Damon called back to me. I stared at him in confusion as I watched him sit down on the lounge. Why would he want the day to pass by quickly till this afternoon if he is supposed to be seeing his girl today? Does that mean that after his day with me he is going to go running into her bed? I thought feeling slightly sick. If so, how can he run between two girls at the same time without being burnt? Well he is a player and has probably mastered the technique of playing multiple girls at once.

 Chapter 13

 The ride to work with Damon passed no different to the previous times that I had driven with him. Again he held my hand igniting a fire in my body that I doubt even he could extinguish. I felt so conflicted. My body felt so hot and he was only holding my hand. I was disgusted in my body’s reaction to him. He is trying to win some girl over and here you are reacting to his body against yours which is only a hand. But it’s his fault as well. I mean if he was really serious about this girl, he wouldn’t be acting like he does around me, holding my hand all the time and kissing me, leaving behind a hickey. Well I guess this is normal for him, but still, you would think he would have changed for her if he really wanted her. I hated to think what the rest of his body against mine would make me feel.

 I was glad when he pulled up outside my work; almost rushing out of the car with a quick goodbye to get away from him so I could get control of my body again. Only I wasn’t able to make the quick escape I wanted to. Damon still had hold of my hand which he used to pull me back to him. I was thankful yet angry at the centre console as otherwise I would have landed on Damon awkwardly and who knows how I would have responded or him for that matter. He probably would have started thinking with his other head.

 “If they ask you to stay back, tell them you can’t because you have plans already.” Damon said softly in my ear, his hot breath sending tingles throughout my body making me shiver in pleasure. Okay I really need to get away from him. What the hell is going on with my body? I nodded my head at him and he released my hand.

 I rushed out of his car as if the devil was chasing me. I could have sworn I heard him chuckle before pulling the car away from the curb and going where ever it was that he planned to spend his time until he came back for me. Probably to get a quick lay or something...or see his girl he’s trying to win over. I thought testily.

 I prayed that the day would go slow so that it meant there was more time before Damon came back. I didn’t know what was going on with my body lately, but the way in which it responded to Damon was scary and quite frankly it scared me. My own body’s reactions scared me.

 I never got what I wanted. My time at work passed in the blink of an eye. I shouldn’t have been surprised since it was Sunday and Sunday’s were the busiest days but I was really hoping to put off meeting Damon even though my body was screaming to get back to him.