Prologue: Congratulations

• Dedicated to Skinnybear <3

Prologue

So hey all! This is our new story! It might get a bit wiggy but don't give up on us or go mental, this should be fun. I mean, just imagine our boys running around and being all spy-like and that should help :) Remember this is a fanfic, so it's FICTION obviously XD. And please be forgiving if we mess up with the spy related stuff. Neither of us work for MI6 or something, as much as we want to. Also, sorry about the cover. I tried to fit all the boys in it but I simply could not! SO I included Harry and Zayn because they are playing the biggest role in the story. (That does NOT mean in any way that they are my favorite though. I can't choose a favorite!) The whole picture is on the side though! And there is torn :) Oh and there is still loads of that classic 1D romance coming so no worries! VOTE/COMMENT/FAN! -Rocket :) xx

People were happy, somewhere out there. People were celebrating somewhere, be it because they won the lottery or it was someone's birthday or something like that. There were plenty of people in the world right now that were partying, sometimes for no reason at all whatsoever. There were, after all, plenty of reasons to smile, weren't there? They were alive and well, for the time being. Why not enjoy it?

There were also probably plenty of people out there that weren't happy. They probably had their reasons too. Perhaps an aunt had died. Maybe someone had lost their job. Perhaps their love life was not what they hoped it to be. Needless to say, some people were sad.

And then there was the five boys, standing before Simon Cowell that night. They fidgeted awkwardly, wondering why they were there. As they waited for their mentor to speak, one of them would crack a joke, causing the others to laugh half-heartedly. You could tell something was wrong, something had happened. It was clear some had been crying, with tear stains on their cheeks and puffy eyes. They all stood around, somewhat brooding. A smile never really reaching their eyes as they looked down and away, sad and dejected.

Why act like this though? They had come so far. Done so many things that most people in the world had never done, so many things to be incredibly proud of. Yet they could not help but feel sad. It wasn't like someone had died or anything. They just... They knew they really should not be and that this really was not the end, but they still felt a tad bit disappointed. It couldn't be helped.

Finally, their mentor decided to speak. He made an overview of his plans for them: a record deal, a tour. Basically, everything they could hope for. And, of course, with that information, they were on the moon, but then:

"Boys, there's more," Simon told them before their excited exchanges grew into an uproar. "There's something I... Well, I am afraid that at this point we cannot tell you that much, but you should know. There is more to me and this competition than meets the eye." The boys exchanged glances, unsure exactly where their mentor was going, but remaining silent so as not to upset him. "The point is, you can continue with your dreams of singing, but we can also offer you more. There are some things in this world that must be dealt with, but in very discreet ways. Our little group is short of..." He paused, trying to pick the right word. "Operatives. And we are hoping you will be willing to accept this offer. You have the mental and physical capabilities for this job, or you will have them soon enough. I will leave you to think about this for the night of course. Tomorrow, you can tell me your decision. It will have to be a group decision of course, all of you or none. If you choose to accept, we will of course be able to offer up all the information that we cannot at this point." The boys exchanged a look. "Boys, I know it will be a tough decision and I hope you choose wisely. It could become dangerous and you need to know that this life has its consequences. But I have confidence that you can handle this." They nodded their heads slowly. "You may go now," Simon told them. "Go! And celebrate with your families. You should be happy." They nodded once more, turning on their heels and heading in the direction of the door. "Oh, and boys?" Simon called. They stopped in their tracks, turning to face him. "That thing, that I've just told you about, it needs to remain a secret. You understand?" They nodded slightly. "Okay, good. Bye boys. See you tomorrow." With that, the boys slipped out the door.

As soon as they left the room, it seemed the spell that had kept them silent as they stood there, listening to Simon's offer, finally lifted. They shared some smiles and laughs, shoving each other around and chattering happily about this new development. They wandered down the hallway.  At first, their pace was slow, still too shocked to really get moving, but it soon picked up, as they realized that not too far off were their families, nervously awaiting the news. They rushed forward.

A certain curly haired boy still took rather long though. The rest of them were already gone, but Harry still wandered slowly down the hallway, unsure what to believe. He ran his hand over his face, bewildered as he trudged along. He was not really paying attention to where he was going though, as he suddenly bumped into someone. With that, he woke up from his trance.

He looked down before him to see who he had bumped into. A girl laid sprawled out on the floor, papers spread out all around her. She groaned, rubbing her head as she sat up and started to pick up the papers. Harry shook his head clear before leaning down to help her.

"Sorry," he told her. "I wasn't paying attention. I was-"

"Distracted," she filled in, not looking up to meet his eyes as she continued to snatch up the papers.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Here, let me help you," he added, reaching out.

She shook her head. "No!" she protested, slapping his hand away from the paper. He glanced at her, taken aback. "Sorry," she muttered, still refusing to look at him. "It's just... Private stuff. For Simon's eyes only."

"Well then, I'll just close my eyes," Harry retorted. The girl snorted and Harry reached forward to grab a piece of paper. She snatched it away before he could grab it. "Aww, come on," he complained. "Let me help."

"No," she said flatly.

"Please," Harry begged. "Please, please, please, please."

"Fine," she huffed, setting the pile down. She rose to her feet, crossing her arms and leaning back. "Be my guest." Harry picked up the papers as she watched him intently, making sure his gaze did not linger too long on any one page. Finally all the papers were collected.

He handed the papers to the girl before standing up, dusting off his pants as he did. He turned to look at the girl then, finally seeing her face. She was a bit taller than average with red hair that reached a bit past her shoulders. Her eyes were a brilliant green and she had glasses the same color as her hair. He smiled at her and she blushed, causing his smile to grow into a satisfied smirk.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"No problem."

She nodded, hugging the stack of papers to her chest. "Well," she said. "I best be going." She pushed past him, walking purposefully down the hall. His gaze followed her until she stopped, turning back to face him for a moment. "Oh, and Harry," she said. "Congratulations." His eyes widened for a moment in surprise, watching the red head walk away. How did she know his name? He eventually shrugged it off, turning around to go and find his way back to the others. She probably knew him from X Factor. Now people he had never met before knew his name. Another thing about being famous. The girl finally slipped from his mind completely, letting him focus on much more important things, like the decisions he and his bandmates had to make.

Well there we go! Interesting :) Hope you enjoy. Vote and comment loves! -Rocket xx