Chapter 28

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 28

“She likes me! Can you believe that, Hailey? Mariah likes me!” Chase said with a huge grin on his face. It was 9:00p.m now and he had just returned home. Josh and Alex left around an hour ago.

I smiled at him, feeling excited and happy. “So you’re together now?”

“Yes!” He said, his eyes shining with happiness and love.

I sighed happily. This is just too cute! They are the best couple in the world! Mariah is so lucky to have a person that loves her this much.

“I’m so happy for you Chase,” I told him sincerely.

He smiled and hugged me tightly. “Thank you, Hailey. I would’ve never gotten the courage to tell her if it weren’t for you.”

I chuckled and said, “I told you she likes you back.”

He nodded and grinned. He looked so happy that it made me feel happy too.

He left my room and went to Emily’s room to tell her. He didn’t speak to anyone beside me yet. He came in running like a crazy person till he got to my room and delivered the amazing news.

I heard Emily’s squeals and laughed.

I suddenly got the urge to draw something. All this love and couples is inspiring me. I took out my sketchbook and started drawing. It was like I couldn’t stop drawing. I kept my eyes on the paper for more than an hour without looking up once. When I was done I lifted my head and winced when my neck cracked. I stretched a bit then looked at my drawing.

It was a drawing of green mountains, blue skies, happy birds, beautiful sunshine, waterfalls, and a rainbow. On the bottom left of the paper was a girl and a boy, holding hands. They were facing the nature so I drew their backs. The guy was wearing jeans and a purple T-shirt and the girl was wearing a light yellow dress, with her brown hair flying to the right. The guy’s skin was a shade darker that the girl’s almost white skin. Even with their backs turned to the viewers, it was clear how much they loved each other.

I did the final touches on my drawing and smiled when I looked at it again. Like every other time, I wrote my name at the bottom of the drawing and under it I wrote the date.

 I yawned and glanced at my watch. It was 10:30p.m now but I was extremely tired so I decided to sleep. I changed into my pajamas and slid under the covers, into the warmth of my bed.

I woke up the next morning feeling more relaxed than usual. I knew it was because I had a good night sleep. I still wished I didn’t have to wake up that early, though.

“Faster, Hailey,” Chase called out. “Let’s go!”