Chapter 19

The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 19

"The test better be easy," I muttered as I finally closed my book and copybook. I have been studying for the past five hours.

The twins left and the rest came back and I was still studying.

Surprisingly, Alex was still here. I expected him to leave after an hour or so but he remained all five hours! He must've gotten bored since I was studying the whole time and he was either playing with his phone or just looking around my room. He barely even talked to Chase when he got here.

"You'll do great even if it wasn't easy," Alex reassured me. I wished I were that confident with my math knowledge.

"I hope so," I replied as I put my stuff in my bag.

"You've been studying for the past five hours and you knew the answers to everything so obviously you'll get a good grade," he reasoned.

"But what if I forgot everything?" I asked. When I panic, I instantly forget everything and it will be ten times harder for me to do the rest of the test.

"Just don't panic and do the ones you know first," he said and I sighed. I wish I could understand math easily like he does.

"Now enough talking about math," I then said, grinning. "You must be dying of boredom!"

"Boredom? Why?" he asked, tilting his head in confusion. I gave him an incredulous look. Was he serious?

"You've been sitting here for five hours just watching me study! How could you not be bored?!" I said.

"I enjoyed watching you study," he said simply.

I ignored the way my heart beat accelerated and said, "You sound creepy."

He laughed loudly and I joined him.

"I didn't mean to sound creepy," he replied, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "I just find your expressions while studying amusing."

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult," I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Hmm," he looked thoughtful for a second before saying, "It's a compliment. It makes you look cute."

"Aww you think I'm cute?" I joked, fighting the blush that was taking over my face.

"With that blush, you're definitely cute," he said and I didn't miss the smirk on his lips.

"I'm not blushing," I denied it. "The weather is hot."