{7} Two Traitors

If you didn't know, Kaia is pronounced "K-eye-uh"

Aight, chapter seven. Sweg.

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or HELPFUL criticism, please feel free to message me.

enjoy!

____________

Bellamy watched as Kaia cradled the boys head in her lap. She gently brushed some hair away from his sweaty forehead.

She had spent hours trying to heal him. She had never dealt with bullet wounds, so it took her a while to figure out what to do. Eventually she pulled out the bullet which was embedded in his knee, and stitched up his wound. After she told him that she didn't know if he'd be able to walk again, he was silent.

Despite her refusal, Clarke and some others set up a tent for Kaia and her friend, mostly because people in camp didn't feel safe with her sleeping in the drop ship with them. They moved the boy to the tent after several requests from people. Bellamy stood in the corner of the tent, watching as the Grounder softly sung to her injured friend.

"Will you tell me what's going on, now?" Bellamy said crossing his arms. She stopped singing and looked up at him.

"Sam and I used to be friends," she started. "My father was from his village so we lived by the sea with them. Then my grandparents passed away and my father couldn't handle the sadness from living in the same house where they died, so we left. Sam and I stayed friends, though. I taught him how to read and he taught me archery. When my parents died, I became so obsessed with learning that I forgot about friends and socialization," She paused, realizing that she was babbling on. "We ran into each other in the woods. He must've followed me here."

"He needs to leave," Clarke said while entering the tent. "People are upset enough about one Grounder here."

"He's not walking anytime soon," Kaia replied.

"So you're the threat," Sam muttered coldly to Clarke. "Anya said there was a new threat on her territory. She wanted to form an alliance with my people."

"Now we know what she's planning," Bellamy said. He turned to Kaia. "He stays... for now."

Then he and Clarke left the tent. The two Grounders were silent for a little while.

"Are you hungry?" Kaia eventually asked.

"No I'm not hungry!" Sam growled. He sat up and faced her, wincing in pain when he moved his knee. "Damn it, Kaia, what the hell are you thinking?"

"You don't understand, Sam."

"Then explain it to me!" he exclaimed. "Why are you helping your enemy?"

"They're not my enemy," she replied. "Anya is a tyrant!"

"You have to let go of your grudge!"

"What else am I supposed to do? She never listens to me, she's only focused on wars, and she betrayed me! All she wants is blood and power. That's not what's right for our people."

"Why didn't you come join my clan?" he asked, his voice softening. "You could've lived with me. I'd take care of you- these people won't take care of you!"

"I don't run from my problems, Sam."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" He sighed. "I just want you to be safe. But it looks like we're both traitors now."

"I'm sorry. I never meant to get you involved. You shouldn't have followed me here. Maybe then you'd still be able to walk."

He didn't respond.

"I'll go get some more water," she mumbled, then left.

There were a few people sitting around the fire. One of them was Bellamy.

"Hey look, it's the Grounder bitch," one of the girls snarled loudly. Kaia gave her a blank look as she walked by.

"If you're ever looking for a fight," another girl called to her. "I'll be right here."

"I don't look for fights," Kaia replied. She ignored their snickers and entered the tent that had the water in it. As she filled her canteen, Bellamy entered. He stood silently for a while, watching her fill the canteens.

"When did you lose your parents?" he eventually asked.

"Three years ago," she replied. "My mother was sick, so my father traveled to another village to find help for her. We never saw him again, and my mother died soon after."

After a moment, Bellamy said, "I'm sorry. I lost my mother too."

"It's not fun, losing the people you love." She finished filling the canteens and turned to face him.

"No, it isn't."

Quietly, Kaia left and began walking towards her tent. Bellamy sighed, and decided to go to his.

***

The next evening, Kaia was sitting in her and Sam's tent making arrows. She tediously shaved the wood to make it perfectly balanced. She was so focused on making the arrows perfect that she almost didn't realize when Clarke popped her head into the tent.

"Hey," she said to Kaia. "We need you."

She immediately got up and followed Clarke to the drop ship without any questions. Once inside, she noticed a boy sitting on the floor, bloody and exhausted.

"What happened to him?" Kaia asked.

"He said that he was tortured by the Grounders," said Bellamy. He gripped his gun tight in his hands. "Did you know about this?"

"No," she replied. "Anya did this. I'm sure of it."

"Who the hell is she?" Murphy asked. His expression was serious.

"None of your damn business." Bellamy growled at him.

"His fingernails are gone," Clarke said, inspecting Murphy's hand. "They did torture him."

"What did you tell them about us?" demanded Bellamy.

"Everything," mumbled the bloody boy.

"Anya told me they had found an enemy spy," Kaia mumbled. "But she said that they had killed him." She looked up at Bellamy. "I swear I didn't know."

"It doesn't matter now," Clarke told her. She silently turned to Bellamy. "Once he's better, we'll find out what he knows, and then he's out of here."

"And what if he refuses to leave? What do we do with him then?" He gripped the gun tighter in his hands.

There was a pause as Clarke stared at Murphy. "Then we kill him." she replied calmly.

And with that, Clarke left the drop ship.