{1} The Hidden Hunter

As I said in the Authors Note, which if you haven't read; you should:

***MY STORY BEGINS AT THE END OF EPISODE 7 OF THE TV SERIES.***

Thank you and enjoy..

________________

The sun hadn't yet risen as Bellamy Blake climbed out from his tent. He adjusted his throwing axe on his belt and grabbed his make-shift knife. He waited a few moments, inspecting the forest around the camp, when four more boys stepped up to him. Bellamy simply looked at each of them and said with his gruff voice, "Let's go."

As they left the camp, Bellamy nodded at a young man sitting outside the wall.

"When we get back," Bellamy said. "Jordan will take over watch."

"Ok," he replied. "Bring back lots of food. I'm starving."

Led by Bellamy, the hunting group continued walking stealthily through the woods.

It was completely silent. The fading moonlight made the trees cast ominous shadows across the dark ground. A stick cracked in the far distance, and the entire hunting group stopped and looked. Quietly, a young boy in the group stepped towards the noise, his weapon at the ready. After searching the area for any signs of animals, he returned to the group and they kept walking.

A flapping noise sounded from behind them, and Bellamy whipped around and threw his axe. It hit a tree with a WHACK! Pinned between the tree and the axe was a bird. A young man in the group pulled the bloody axe from the bird and held the animal up so they could all see it's last few twitches, but there was something strange about this bird. It had two sets of wings.

"What the hell?" someone in the group muttered.

Bellamy ignored him and shoved the dead animal in a bag another boy was carrying.

They continued walking a bit until they got to a tree with slash marks on it.

"You three go to the river. See what you can get there." Bellamy said. They nodded and went off in one direction. Bellamy turned to a boy who was about nine. "You're coming with me. It's time you learned how to hunt."

The boy looked nervous, but followed him anyway.

"What's your name?" Bellamy wondered.

"Liam." he said quietly.

Bellamy realized that the boy was shy and decided not to reply. The two continued to walk through the forest until they came upon a meadow.

"This is where Octavia said they saw the deer," Bellamy muttered. "We'll wait here." He then sat down at the edge of the meadow and watched as Liam mimicked him.

They sat in silence for what seemed like hours. The darkness of the meadow slowly turned into a beautiful daylight. Though he seemed calm and in control, Bellamy's mind was racing.

He couldn't stop thinking about the things his sister had said to him. After all he had done for her. He didn't want to fight with her. He wanted her to be safe and happy. But she didn't want his help. She didn't seem to care that he had spent his entire life taking care of her. She didn't realize how much Bellamy cared about her.

He sighed slightly and closed his eyes, trying to think of something else. He mentally made a list of things they needed to finish for camp. Which brought up another thought. Clarke. She was really getting on his nerves. There could only be one leader of the 100, and it sure as hell wasn't going to be her. She was so bossy and high-strung. She needed to get out of his way. If she had kept her mouth shut then maybe Charlotte-

Bellamy felt his eyes sting and thought about something else.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence, Bellamy saw Liam's body stiffen out of the corner of his eye. Bellamy turned and saw two deer in the meadow. One was a normal looking doe and the other was a fawn with an extra leg growing out of its armpit. Bellamy wondered why the doe looked fine and yet the fawn was affected by the radiation.

Brushing it aside, he started to stand up. The trick was to move only when the animal wasn't looking. When the deer would look in his direction, he'd freeze completely, and they wouldn't notice him. He slowly took out his already bloody axe and raised it, prepared to throw. He took a step forward, about to whip his arm forward when-

Crunch!

He stepped on a dead leaf. Both the deer whipped their heads towards him. The doe immediately started to run, the fawn following slightly behind her. Before Bellamy could react, there was a blur, and the doe dropped to the ground with a thud. A second afterwards, there was another blur, the fawn fell too.

Confused, Bellamy placed his arm at his side, his axe still in his hand. He looked down at wide-eyed Liam, who didn't even touch his knife. Suddenly alarmed, Bellamy started looking behind him and to the sides for any other people. He saw no one, though as he turned back to the meadow, he thought he saw something move on the opposite side. But there was no one else there that could've killed the deer except for Liam and himself. Bellamy motioned for the boy to stay where he was, and started to slowly walk towards the dead animals. The closer he got, the more frightened he became.

An arrow was buried into each of the animals. The arrow in the baby was so far in that it nearly peeked out the other side. Bellamy kneeled down beside the dead fawn, gently touching her soft hair. He inspected the arrow quickly. He could tell whoever made it had taken their time. He pulled it out of the flesh and looked at it further. The arrow tip was far more pointed and sharp than any blade in camp. The weapon was completely balanced, and it appeared to have been dyed with blood from the many times it had been used to kill.

He was incredibly confused. who had killed the two deer? It couldn't have been someone from camp, no one knew archery.

Bellamy took out the arrow from the doe, which was tough to do because of how deep it was, and left the two bloody weapons by the animals. He then turned away from the deer and walked back to Liam, who was still terrified. He attempted to comfort him by putting his hand on the boys shoulder.

"Can you go to the river and get the guys?" Bellamy said. "Tell them I need help bringing dinner back to camp."

Liam seemed to understand that Bellamy didn't want anyone else to know about the arrows. He nodded and jogged off.

Bellamy turned and walked back to the deer only to find that the arrows had disappeared.

_____________

So yup, that's chapter one. I hope you all liked it. I kinda dove head-first into the plot-OH IM ABOUT TO DIIIIIIVE IIIIIIN- but oh well.

Later✌️