{14} The Search Team

"Bellamy, you're alive."

Kaia dropped her bow to her side and began limping to him as fast as she could, which wasn't very fast. Bellamy sighed a breath of relief, jogged over and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck, her legs feeling weak. After realizing Finn was there, Kaia awkwardly and quickly pulled out of the hug.

"When I saw all the corpses," she explained. "I thought you were dead."

"You look like hell," he replied, inspecting her bloody and dirt-covered face. "What happened to your leg?"

"Just a scratch," she said nonchalantly.

"You can barely walk." he pointed out.

"It was awful," they heard a voice say. Murphy was exiting the drop ship with the help of Kane. Bellamy started walking over to him, gently pushing Kaia behind him. "It was awful. There were hundreds of them. If it wasn't for Raven, I don't know what woulda..."

Murphy locked eyes with Bellamy.

"Bell, you're a... you're alive." he said, sounding disappointed.

Bellamy shouted and grabbed Murphy by the shirt, roughly shoving him onto the ground.

"You lying son of a bitch!" Bellamy yelled, repeatedly punching Murphy in the face.

Kane nodded to the man next to him, who then took a metal rod out from his pocket. The man walked up to Bellamy and prodded him in the back with the metal, and Bellamy fell to the ground, panting.

"Place him under arrest." Kane said.

"Wait, you don't understand," Finn told Kane. "Murphy murdered two of our people, he shot another one, he tried to hang Bellamy."

"I don't care," Kane growled. "You are not animals. There are rules. Laws." He looked directly at Bellamy. "You are not in control here anymore."

He turned to Kaia as men came out of the drop ship carrying an unconscious Raven on a stretcher.

"And you," Kane said to her. "Who are you?"

"Kaia," she replied.

"You're a Grounder?"

She hesitantly nodded.

"Arrest her as well," Kane said. A man walked over and placed handcuffs on Kaia's wrists. "I don't know if we can trust you yet."

"I understand," she replied, knowing that cooperation was her best chance at gaining their trust.

***

As they continued walking, Kaia began to see the trees end up ahead. The closer they got, the more voices she heard. She started to get anxious, wondering how the Sky People would react to meeting their first Grounder.

The group entered camp, and some of the Sky People began greeting Abby and Kane. Most noticed the stranger in the group immediately.

"Who is that?"

"What happened to them?"

"Is she a Grounder?"

"Where are our children?"

The guard leading Kaia began walking faster, making it difficult for her to keep up. Before people began to realize who Kaia was, she had been pushed though a doorway and out of the publics eye.

Bellamy and Kaia were led down a metal hall to a set of doors. They slid open, the two guards began un-cuffing them. Once she was free, Kaia made her way over to the wall, gently sliding down till she was sitting on the floor. She let out a groan of pain, checking the gash on the back of her knee. It had reopened and was bleeding down her leg.