{19} Of Poison And Blood

14K reads! Oh my!

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much you guys like this story. Thank you so much! I couldn't have gotten this far without you all😭☺️

Enjoy!

______

Kaia walked silently behind the cart where Raven dejectedly sat next to the body of Finn. Behind Kaia walked Clarke, and behind her was Bellamy. They were bringing Finn's body to Ton DC, where the Grounders would burn his body and the villagers would get closure for their losses. Kaia was familiar with all the death rituals that the Grounders did. She had seen them all, even helped perform a few. The Sky People had no idea what Clarke had saved Finn from. Raven should be thanking her.

"Hey," Kaia heard Bellamy say behind her, but he wasn't talking to her. "You doing alright?"

"Yeah," Clarke replied quickly, trying to brush off the conversation.

"You did the right thing," he reassured. Kaia was slightly relieved that he understood the decision that was made.

"Now I get to live with it. You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?"

"I think we're wasting time with politics while our friends are in trouble."

Kaia blocked out the rest of the conversation. She had heard it all before- the same argument over and over again. It was all the Sky People talked about. It was becoming quite irritating to listen to, so Kaia just continued to walk silently.

"... I can't lose you too, ok?" she heard from the conversation behind her, making her ears perk up. What was Clarke talking about? Why was she worried about losing Bellamy?

***

"Open the gate!"

Kaia watched as Gustus walked over to the Sky People, Lincoln and herself.

"Weapons," he demanded gruffly. Lincoln and her immediately took off their weapons.

"You need to disarm before we enter," Lincoln explained, handing in his knife. Bellamy watched Kaia as she handed in her bow and knife, but he avoided his gaze.

The night before had been uncomfortable. On one side of the make-shift camp was all the Grounders, while on the other was the Sky People. Clarke decided to sleep in between these camps, and Bellamy had hesitantly joined her. That and their discussion while on the way to Ton DC had made Kaia overly anxious.

"Commander, all clear," Gustus said after they had all turned in their weapons. Raven had so many on her, it was almost humorous to watch Gustus take knife after knife off of her person.

They began walking into Ton DC, the group stoic. The Grounders in the village began to cheer.

"Commander! Commander! Welcome back!"

But then their moods changed when they saw the Sky People. The Grounders stood, their weapons raised.

"Why have you brought them here?"

"Death to Sky People!"

"Murderers, go home!"

The group continued walking further into the village, until they were stopped by a man who stood defiant against the Commander.

"Sky People took everything from me: my wife, my child," he said.

"Move aside," Gustus ordered him, but the man didn't budge.

"Murderers are not welcome here," he replied. The Commander nodded at Gustus, who stepped forward and punched the man, sending him flying into his back. Gustus stood above him, throwing punch after punch until Clarke muttered something to Lexa.