Chapter Eight [Short]

“What is going to happen to us?” I laid my head on his chest and his fingers ran up and down my back, making me shiver.

          “I don’t know.” He said quietly.

          Listening to his low, steady heartbeat, I closed my eyes, “Did we mess our relationship up?”

          I felt him look down at me, “If anything, we only made our relationship stronger. Ari, I want to be with you. I want to be able to say that your my girlfriend.”

          I winced at the word ‘girlfriend’ and looked back up at him, “I want that too, but...”

          “But what, Ari?” His eyes looked pained.

          “But... I’m scared.” I looked down.

          He furrowed his eyebrows, “Scared? Of what?”

          “The other girls... they really like you.”

          Sighing, he shook his head, “Those girls don’t know me. They could not possibly like me. They only like my popularity. You know who I actually am. You were my friend even when I was that dork with the big ears.” I smiled at bit at that. He did have huge ears and was kind of a dork, until the fifth grade when he grew into his ears and suddenly became good at sports then all the girls wanted him. “Now, I want to take that friendship farther. Don’t be scared, Ari.”

          “Okay.” I closed my eyes. Opening them, I looked up at him again, “I trust you.”

          “So, can we tell people that we’re together? Tomorrow at the football match?”

          I nodded and pressed my lips to his. My mobile rang. I sat up and hit my head on the slanted roof. “Ow!” I got up and picked up my pants, taking my phone out of the pocket, “Hello?”

          “Ari, I forgot my key this morning, will you let me in?” My mum said through the receiver.

          “Uh... yeah, just give me a minute...” I said and hung up. Quickly, I pulled my shirt over my head and stepped into my pants, when I looked back to Danny, he was already dressed. I made a shooing motion with my hands, “My bedroom window. Out.”

          He rushed down the attic stairs and I followed shortly behind. He was out and in the tree, “Kiss?”

          I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek before closing my window and rushing down the stairs. I paused at the door and took a breath, the socks! I panicked and quickly ran around the house collecting the socks.

          Throwing them in the hamper, I ran to the front door and opened it, “Hey, mum...”

          “What took so long? Is Melinda back yet? She said we need to discuss something...” She placed her stuff on the table and walked towards the kitchen, me following.

          “No, she’ll be back late.” I asked.

          What if she was going to tell her about Danny? Deny, deny, deny. Just deny everything. I thought as my mother gave me a puzzled look, “Arielle Marie? Are you listening to anything I am saying?”

          I snapped my head up, “What? No, I am sorry. I was... thinking.”

          “I said ‘She told me it had something to do with you’ But don’t worry. It’s nothing bad, I’m sure.” She smoothed down my hair. “Why is your hair so messy? It wasn’t like this when you left this morning...”

          Instinctively, my hand went up to feel my hair, “I took a shower... and my hair dried this way, I guess.”

          “And you put on the same clothes?”

          I thought for a moment, “You know, I only wore these for a little while today, no need to waste perfectly clean clothes...”

          “Okay... well, I’m going to start dinner, where’s your brother?” She opened the cupboard.

          “He had football practice today.” I sat on the kitchen island. “By the way, can I go to the match tomorrow?”

          Closing the cupboard and turning to face me, she raised an eyebrow, “You’ve never sparked interest in football... why now?”

          I shrugged, “I don’t know... I’ve never gone to one... I want to see what it’s like. Plus, Kylee, Charlie... and Danny are going to be there.”

          “Why did you hesitate on Danny’s name?” She smiled and opened her cookery book. “Is someone developing a crush?”

          “No... I didn’t hesitate...” I could feel myself blush.

          “Okay...” She turned back to her cookery book.

Hey Guys! So this chapter is short.... I know. But don't worry, chapter nine is coming soon... but chapter nine will be short too. They are kind of halves of chapters but it's been so long that i don't want to wait any longer to upload... so i'm uploading the first 'part' and then the next part will be next... BYE! :)

                                                            ~LovelyAwkwardness<3