Chapter Four

Sorry its short... im sort of having writer's block...

                                                       LovelyAwkwardness

I drowsily open my eyes to find myself in my bed, facing my door. I close my eyes and work up the energy to turn over. When I open my eyes once again find myself face to face with a sleeping Danny. I jump and fall backwards off my bed.

“Ow!” I yell and I hear my bed creek above me.

“What?!” Danny yelled.

I rub my head and sat up. I look over at him, “What happened?”

“Did we..?” He stood up quickly.

I started hyperventilating and looked down. I was fully clothed and so was he. “I don't think so...”

My breathing slowed as I sat down on the chair next to my bed.

“What time is it?” He asked.

I glanced at the clock. Ten A.M. I looked back at it, “Crap! My mum is coming home any minute! Get out!” I pushed him towards my window.

“Out the window?” He stopped in front of it.

“You came in that way...”

His face looked pained, “Yeah, but I couldn’t see the ground.”

“Wait; is Danny O’Neill, the most popular boy in town, afraid of heights?” I tried not to laugh.

“No, of course not...” He looked down. “Yeah...” he turned bright red.

I heard the front door open and I started hyperventilating again. I opened my window and pointed towards the tree, “Out.”

“Can I at least have a kiss?”

I blushed a bit, “Uh... sure?” I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“No, a real kiss...”

I took a deep breath and pressed my lips to his. I pulled away and pushed him towards the window.

He looked at me with a crooked smile before slowly climbing out of my window and into the tree.

Just as he got into the tree, my bedroom door swung open and I quickly pulled my shade down and sat on my window sill.

Jasen walked in and I let out a breath of relief, “Hey, can I borrow your- what’s going on?” he smirked. “Is Little Miss Goody Pants up to something?”

“What? Of course not. Why would you think that?” I said way too quickly.

“Do I smell cologne?” He raised an eyebrow.

I quickly thought of an excuse, “It must be my perfume.”

“Unless you where cologne as perfume... I definitely smell cologne.” He went over to my closet and opened it. “Is he in here?” He found nothing and continued to look around my room for someone.

“The only people in here are me and you and I wish you weren’t.” I pushed him out my door and slammed it in his face.

“Fine,” He yelled through the wooden door. “Don’t go asking for a ride to school tomorrow!”

“I don't need it!” I yelled and the realised that is was going to pour tomorrow. I open the door, “Actually I need a ride tomorrow.”

Jasen crossed his arms and a huge grin spread across his face, “You have to do my homework for two months.”

I weighed my options, Walking a mile and a half in pouring rain and possibly lightening, or doing school work that it is expected to fail... the second one is better... but I won’t give in that easily, “Two months... and I’ll get your grade up to a D average...”

“Deal.” He shook my hand and walked down the hallway. “Oh, and if mum asks, I never left the house.”

I heard my mum yell at Jasen and I slammed my door. I didn’t want to talk to anyone. I sat on my bed and opened my maths book. I must've been sitting there for ten minutes before I realised that not one word was sinking into my brain. I didn’t even realise that all I could think about was Danny.

I closed my book and carefully placed it on my organised desk. Everything was set up perfectly. I organised the cubby holes by school subject. Then I organised those in a way that I could find everything.

I turned to my door and took a rather large breath and turned the handle. I just knew my mum somehow knew Danny was here last night. I just knew it.

I braced myself and slowly walked down the cold, wooden stairs. I turned the corner to the kitchen and saw my mum standing over Jasen, who was sitting at the table, cowering behind his arms.

“What’s wrong?” I said as if this was an unusual sight to see.

“I got a call from school...” She said, her eyes narrowed. “They said that your brother was seen in the parking lot with a group of ‘friends’ late last night drinking alcohol." She turned back to my brother. "You're seventeen. You couldnt wait another month until it was legal?” (A/N: In Ireland 18 is the legal drinking age, not 21)

I gasped sarcastically, totally not surprised, and opened the fridge. My mum turned to me, “This is not funny, Arielle! Do you know what could’ve happened to your brother had he gotten into a car and drove?”

I slammed the fridge door and stomped upstairs. I ran into my room and locked my door behind me. I went into my bathroom and slammed the door. I don't even know why I was so mad. Maybe it was the fact that she always managed to turn everything on me, she was eventually going to drive me away. I peered at myself in the mirror, maybe it was the fact I looked so much like my father. She wanted me gone because she couldn’t bear seeing me.

I had his brown hair and his brown eyes. I had his pale skin. I looked nothing of my mother. Whereas Jasen, on the other hand, has her blonde-brown hair and her dimples and her tan skin. I had to face the truth; my brother and my mum are perfect. Even my father was good looking. I didn't even look like my parents.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door but I ignored it. I continued to stare at myself in the mirror. The knocking went on for another hour until whoever it was finally gave up.

I came out of the bathroom and collapsed on my bed. Then it hit me. I had to go and sit through lunch with my mum and aunt. Yay, I thought sarcastically.