5.5

A/N: Sorry for lack of updates. :( I've been really busy and there's a lot going on in my life right now. But I wrote a little bit despite that and lack of motivation. More parts to come soon.

            5.5

Roman’s bed is too big for my small frame. I toss and turn for what feels like hours, cursing myself for not forcing him to just let me have the couch. Images flash through my mind of Trevor, haunting me in my tired state until I can’t take anymore.

            My feet make small sounds on the hardwood as I creep through the dark and open the bedroom door. The apartment is silent except for the sound of breathing, both coming from me and the living room. When my eyes adjust, I see Roman sprawled across the plush couch, his hand intertwined with his hair.

            “Roman?” I whisper, stopping a few feet away. “Are you awake?”

            He shifts slightly and lets out a small breath. “Yes. What are you doing up?”

            “I couldn’t sleep.”

            Roman sits up and stretches before patting the spot beside him. “Me neither.”

            The couch is warm where he had been lying as I scrunch my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around them. “It’s kind of been a crazy day,” I admit.

            “And you still haven’t told me all about it.” He digs in his pocket and pulls out a packet of cigarettes. He offers one to me and I hesitate before deciding to take one. “You’ll go crazy if you keep everything inside, Piper.”

            I close my eyes as he lights his cigarette. “I know.”