He's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part three

i know it's not much so please don't be mad at me.

i am trying to write more but it will take abit more time.

hope you like it.

Drew's point of view.

As Cassie left I felt like my heart exploded.

A few minutes later Jessie came in.

I just broke down.

And then to top it off Jessie came in and started yelling at me. And that made me cry harder.

I hated those men who cry, but for some reason I just had to let my emotions out. God I feel like such a wuss. And Jessie wasn't helping at all. He kept yelling about how I not only ruined my chances with her but his as well, and that now it would take a miracle to fix this.

I was so upset that I didn't hear the door open. Or that anyone had enter the room until, "JESSIE THAT'S ENOUGH!" a familiar voice yelled.

When we heard her voice we both looked over to the door, with a shocked expression on our faces.

"Cassie?" I whispered. Why would she come back? I thought she hated me.

"Drew... I'm sorry I slapped you. Please don't cry like that," she apologised.

"He's not crying because of that." Jessie had stopped yelling instantly, and I could hear that he was feeling very guilty for it.

"Then why?" Cassie looked so confused.

"Because he..." he started but I cut him off.

"Cassie, I'm sooo sorry. I never wanted to hurt you like that..." all I could do was keep telling her how sorry I am and that I didn't mean what I said.

"Come here." She held her arms out, and I didn't hesitate. I went straight into her embrace. God this felt so good. I have been waiting so long for this. I cryed on her shoulder for a little while until I felt Jessie come towards us. I knew that he could feel how good this felt for me and wanted to share in the feeling. His arms wrapped around us and Cassie looked up at him.

I didn't have to, I knew that he was looking at us.

'Wow that's weird.' What the hell was that? I didn't think that. And why was it a female voice? Come to think of it sounded a lot like Cassie.

After a while I looked at her and smiled. I was about to say that I was sorry but she cut me off.

"Drew if you say you're sorry I'll kick you where it hurts!"

I laughed. Only the threat of bodily harm could make me laugh at a moment like this. "Okay, no sorry's then. But I do apologize for all that I have done to you."

She was about to kick me but Jessie said, with laughter in his voice, "You didn't say he couldn't apologize, Cassie."

She grunted, "This doesn't mean that I forgive you. I just felt sorry for you, that's all. I just hate seeing men cry, okay."

And with that she turned and walked away.

As soon as the door closed Jessie said, "Did you hear something, when she looked at me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought that I heard a voice say 'Wow that's weird', when she looked at me. I just wanted to know if you heard it as well."

"Yeah, I did hear that, but I don't know what it was. Do you?"

"Well, I have heard of something like it, but I'll have to do some research on it. Now we have classes to get to. So come on." He said as he walked towards the door.

"Jess? Are you still pissed at me?"

"Yes, but there is hope so I'll just have to be happy with that."

I sighed as he left, he always did know how to hold a grudge. I left a few minutes later and headed to my first class.

The day dragged, but there were always moments when time went by fast, and all of them just happened to have Cassie in them. In school Jessie stays with his older friends and I stayed with mine.

However for some reason both of our groups stayed close together, and we always stayed within earshot of Cassie's group.

Jessie's point of view

I didn't tell Drew what I thought the voice meant because if I did I just knew that he would do something stupid.

Like grab her and never let her go. And that would ruin absolutely everything.

I thought that it had something to do with her being our mate. I have heard that some mates can hear each others thoughts. That mainly happened when there were more than two mates, however there were accounts where two mates had that kind of connection.

I can tell that Drew feels very strongly for Cassie. I feel strongly for her as well, don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling that Drew's feelings are much stronger than mine. It's just a feeling that I have but I see her more as a sister just like I see Drew as more of a brother. I also have a feeling that there is something else out there, just around the corner, waiting for me.

I was currently walking through the halls of our school when I had this strange feeling. I have felt this feeling twice before, once when I found Drew all those years ago, and then again when I found Cassie.

Why was I feeling this now?

And who the hell am I feeling this towards?

Drew came running up to me all of a sudden.

"Jessie! Thank god! Listen I have this feeling and I just..." he started but I cut him off.

"You can feel it, can't you?"

"If you are referring to feeling like I have a mate nearby, then yes I do. What the hell does this mean? Have you ever heard of anything like this before?"

"No. I've never heard of four mates. I have ever heard of three, never four. Even my father said that three is rare enough, but four is unheard of."

"So what are we going to do? And who is it?"

"I don't know, Drew. I just don't know."

sorry it's so short.

thanks for reading.