Goodbye and Hello

Maya enjoyed Miami, but it was great to be home again. She pulled up to Ryan's house to drop her off. They brought Ryan's things into the house and then went back outside. Ryan walked Maya back to the car and leaned in the window.

"You'll get some alone time for a while huh?" Maya asked Ryan, smiling. Ryan shrugged.

"Yeah, but I'll be back over in no time, you know it." Maya laughed and leaned over to kiss Ryan.

"I love you." Maya mumbled on Ryan's lips as they pulled back.

"I love you too baby. Drive safe and text me when you're home." Maya nodded and watched as Ryan went into the house before leaving.

She was glad to have invited Ryan to Miami. It ended up being a successful trip overall even if she didn't take the job. She knew that her brother was doing well now, even better than well. He had a good girlfriend and things would be fine for him.

Maybe she should talk to her mother. Maybe she'll want to see Dylan. She shrugged and decided to go to her father's house. She wanted to talk to him about everything while she was in a good mood, which seemed stupid because she didn't want to ruin it.

On second thought, maybe she should just tell him with Ryan, she always helped. She decided to just call them and tell them she's too tired to come over, but she'd come tomorrow. Yeah, that seems like a better idea.

She pulled up to her house and got out. She and Ryan had already brought her luggage in. Her phone rang just as she made it up the stairs and to her door. She saw it was her father and she answered it, pulling out the key to get in her house.

"Hey Dad." She said, opening the door.

"I take it you've made it back safely?" Which meant, 'Why didn't you call as soon as you got back?'

"I just got into the house. I had to drop Ryan off." Zion texted her earlier, asking if she was back, maybe that was how he knew.

"It's fine sweet heart. How was your trip?" Meaning, 'How was the interview?'

"It was great Dad. Dylan's doing great, he's so happy and he's making so much money. You'd be proud of him."

"That's my boy. I've always been proud of him. The both of you. And now you're getting this job out there to top it off. You're doing so well." Maya winced.

"Yeah Dad, thanks. Where's Mom?"

"She's in the kitchen cooking dinner. Why don't you come over to eat?" She breathed in.

"I'm tired tonight, as good as that sounds. I'm just gonna call her now then lie down okay?"

"Okay honey. Are you sure you're okay? Are you and Ryan fine?" She smiled at how worried he was about she and Ryan.

"Ryan and I are wonderful Dad, thanks for asking. I'm okay. Goodnight, I love you."

"I love you too." She hung up and sighed, lying down on the couch. She dialed her step mother's number and she answered immidiately.

"Hey Maya, how was your trip?"

"I actually enjoyed it a lot Mom. I let Ryan do a small strip performance at Dylan's club. She got quite a lot of money from that. It was entertaining." She laughed. "And Dylan's got this girlfriend who's super good for him and she's a neurosurgeon."

"Oh yeah, that is good! But, is he serious about her?"

"He is, I can tell. Very serious."

"That's great. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. How's the job thingy?"