The Talk of Temptation

Ryan walked into the school with her earphones in. Zion and Seth were arguing about what team would go to the playoffs in the NBA this year. Ryan didn't care and she turned her earphones up more.

But, someone pulled them out. She turned fiercely, angry at whoever it was. Ellie was there and she frowned.

"You never talked to me." Yeah... she and Maya were quite busy... she didn't really mean to ignore Ellie, she just forgot. Her face softened.

"I'm sorry." She told her. "We can talk right now if you'd like?" Zion looked at her and she smiled, reassuring him that nothing would happen.

"Okay." Ellie said, smiling.

"Let's just go outside, it's nice out." Ellie raised her eyebrow, but nodded.

"It's pretty cold, but we can go." Ryan laughed a little and followed her. "You seem happy." Ellie mumbled.

"I am..." It was silent until they got outside.

"I've missed you Ryan. I love you so much, more than anything. It hurts that you don't feel the same anymore." Ryan sighed.

"I fell out of love with you when you were hurt." Ellie's face dropped even more.

"Yeah and instead of being totally dedicated to me, you went and fell for another girl. Amazing. You didn't even want me to get my memory back." She said sadly.

"I did Ellie, I just thought for sure that you wouldn't. Besides, I had strong feelings for her since we first broke up." She rolled her eyes, now getting angry.

"Don't bullshit me Ryan. I just wanted to know if it was all fake." Ryan frowned.

"Ellie, I did love you. I thought we'd be together forever. I didn't mean to meet her, I didn't mean to fall for her. But I do love her and as hard as it is for you to hear, she's who I want to be with. You'll find someone who's for you. I was never what you wanted, but to her, I'm perfect. I can be me whenever I want. You need to find someone who will let you be you." Ellie stared at her and began crying.

"But I don't want that Ryan. I only want you." Ryan pulled her into her arms.

"Ellie... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I wish I didn't have to. I wish you could be happy too."

"Is there ever a chance you'd come back to me?" Ryan shook her head.

"I was happy with you, but I'm even happier now. You should move on. There's guys and girls around here who were waiting for us to breakup. They're pissed now because we're talking." Ryan winked at her and she laughed.

"I'm glad you're happy Ryan. That's all I want, it just hurts."

"I know, it'll feel that way... but only for a little while." Ellie smiled and nodded.

"I guess I should get to class. See you around." Ryan nodded and Ellie left. Ryan sighed and rubbed her face. She felt horrible about hurting Ellie. She wished she could help, but she knew if she was around more, it wouldn't help Ellie at all. She leaned back onto the steps, hearing someone coming behind her.

"Why don't you ever go to class?" She turned to see her uncle. He was a tall man, with a short beard and blond, well-kept hair.

"I'm going Rich, give me a break." He laughed and sat beside her.

"My favorite niece-"

"Only." She mumbled.

"-is always causing me trouble around here. What's wrong?" He asked, throwing his arm around her.