Chapter 2- A Lumpy Afternoon

XANDER'S POV

It's a sunny morning, and I'm driving my way to the hospital totally unplanned. I could have been "cuddling" with Emily on the dining table right now, or watching the latest season of Emily in Paris that she has been aching to watch on Netflix, but this on-call appointment just sent me out of the beach house right after my breakfast with her.

Leaving her looking so adorable with her lips jutted out like a little girl scolded by her teacher makes me want to crush a rock into pieces using my fist.

"Dr. Greene! A pleasant morning to you!" Nichola greets me in her usual cheerful tone as soon as I reach the nurse's station.

"Likewise, Nichola. Where's the patient?" I shrug my lab coat on and hurriedly grab the chart.

"She has been waiting for you in your office."

"Alright, great. Let's go." I gesture for her to walk first.

"As much as I wanted to assist you, but the patient requested to be alone with you unless I'm needed." Her face contorts with disappointment.

Nichola has always been bathing with enthusiasm regardless of the patient, and that's one of the things that I like about her. Nina seems to hate almost all my patients, especially the pretty ones. I wonder what she's up to now...

"Okay, I'll call you up if I need you." I responded.

During gynecological visits, there should always be a nurse with the doctor, especially because I'm a male, but the majority of my patients have always requested to be alone with me, whatever their reason is. I'll just call up a nurse whenever a minor procedure will be done in which I need some assistance.

I remember the first time I saw Emily in my office. Nina told me that the young patient is too shy to be naked unless deemed necessary. I initially thought it was just an alibi, but I was totally wrong. Her innocence had definitely captivated me.

I check the initial notes in Natalie's chart. It has been a while since I last saw this pretty model who planned to sue me and the studio because of her nude portrait which her father accidentally purchased.

Natalie Summers. 24 YO WF. Chief complaints: painless lump in the breast region.

I have the gut feel that this is nothing serious, but we'll see.

I continue to skin over her chart to study her history until I reach my office. I slowly open the door and see her looking out of the window.

Apparently, she didn't hear my grand entrance. She's seemingly preoccupied with the cumulus clouds on the perfect blue sky outside.

I blink as I notice her bare backside that failed to be hidden because the opening of the paper gown is from the back.

I avert my gaze away and walk to my desk. I drop to my swivel chair and prepare my welcoming smile for her.

"I wonder what inspiring quotes you prepared for me today," I called her attention, remembering how she helped me realize my feelings for Emily.

She immediately turns around and beams at me.

"Alexander Greene! You have kept me waiting." There's a playful smile on her lips.

I'm not sorry at all. She had also kept me waiting at that restaurant, so we're even now.

Natalie still looks the same, beautiful I must admit, only with a different hair color. The last time I remember, she was blonde. She looks sultrier in her darker hair which beautifully falls over her shoulders.