Ch. 16 -It Means Nothing

Chapter 16 is here!! Check it out and let me know what you thought! :)

Ch. 16

It Means Nothing

Justin could hear Allie and Ryan conversing quietly for a few more moments, before Allie said something that sounded like,

“I’ll see you later.”

Knowing that Allie was about to leave the room, and not wanting to be caught eavesdropping, Justin hurried down the hallway and turned a corner so that he was out of sight. He heard the sound of a door opening and closing, followed by disappearing footsteps and the distant ding of an elevator. After a few moments, Justin peered around the corner at the hallway where his room was situated; no one was there. He walked down the hall, pulling out his key card as he did so. He swiftly slid it into the slot and pushed the door open.

Ryan was sitting on the couch in the living area playing Xbox. Upon hearing the door open, he glanced up. 

“Oh, hey man.” He called.

“Okay, what the hell was that?” Justin asked angrily without preamble.

Ryan paused the game and turned to look at Justin with furrowed eyebrows. “What?”

“What the hell were you just doing?”

Ryan shook his head in confusion. “Dude...what are you talking about?”

“I saw you with Allie like, two seconds ago!” Justin yelled.

Realization dawned on Ryan. “Oh. Justin...that’s not what it looked like.”

“Yeah, right.” Justin spat. “What, are you going behind my back trying to get her?”

Ryan was a little taken aback by how angry Justin was. Justin hadn’t gotten this mad in quite some time. “Of course I’m not trying to do that!” Ryan replied in outrage. “I would never do that to you, man, you’re my best friend!”

“Then what was she doing in here?”

“She was actually upset with you, and I was just trying to comfort her!” Ryan exclaimed.

“Oh, yeah, comfort her.” Justin stated sarcastically.

“Dude, calm down for a minute and let me explain!” Ryan cried in frustration.

Justin glared at him.

Ryan took a deep breath. “Like I said...she was upset with you because she saw you flirting with some girl at a photoshoot or something,”

Justin felt his heart sink. “She came to the photoshoot?”