Ch. 9 -Unexplained Emotions

Ch. 9

Unexplained Emotions

AllieMcHenry: Just wanted to say that I am most definitely NOT dating Justin Bieber, everyone. I don't have a boyfriend right now. Justin and I are just friends. PROMISE.

Allie clicked 'Tweet' and leaned her head back against the seat, sighing and staring out of the tour bus window. They were on their way to Sacramento to kick off the California leg of the tour, and murky sunlight was filtering in through the windows.

She gently shut her laptop and closed her eyes for a moment.

Ever since that article had surfaced in Star! Magazine, she had been bombarded with tweets, mostly from angry fans demanding to know if the rumor was true and kindly wishing her a painful death. People at school would not leave her alone about it, and she constantly received death glares from people who recognized her on the streets as well as fans at Justin's shows when she was performing with Jasmine. She had expected this when she first saw the article, but that still didn't make it any less terrible. Thus, she had been finding herself seriously stressed out for the past few days.

"Everything okay?" Kristen asked, looking over at her. The two were in the living area of the bus together. Kristen had been working on a paper for homeschooling, and when she heard Allie sighing, she had looked up to see what was wrong.

Allie just shook her head slightly. "Yeah, it's fine..." She mumbled.

"Don't let the death threats get to you. Soon enough, people will realize that it was all just a rumor." Kristen assured her.

"But that still doesn't make them any easier to deal with." Allie muttered. "These people hate me and they don't even know me."

"Hey, Jasmine had to go through it too, and she's still alive!" Kristen pointed out. "Everything will be okay, don't worry."

Allie sighed. "Okay."

They continued their trek towards Sacramento, rushing through the ever-changing California scenery. The hours seemed to pass by slower and slower as the trip went on, until finally they arrived at their destination. As they pulled into the back parking lot for the arena that they were to perform at, Kristen, who had successfully completed her paper by now, stood up and looked at her finished product proudly. After a moment, she headed towards the back to go find her tutor, who had been working with Meaghan in the kitchenette.

Allie continued to stare out the window as they pulled to a stop in the parking lot. It was cloudy out, and rain looked promising. As she looked up at the clouds, the door to the bus opened. Averting her gaze towards the front of the bus, she was greeted with the sight of a grinning Justin, saying 'hi' to the bus driver.

After having a quick chat with the driver, Justin turned to the living area, where his eyes immediately found Allie.

"Hey," He called.

Allie held up a hand in greeting, not exactly thrilled to see him. Every time she saw his face, she was reminded of the article and the thousands of people who hated her at the moment.