5,

Garroth's POV ,

"Garroth, sweetie, wake up. Somebody's here to see you~" Mom whispers. I open my eyes and look up, her beautiful sea green eyes shining at me. I smile and hug her. "Mom, who's here?" I ask yawning. "Laurance is." She answers, straightening my hair. "Laurance?" I question sitting next to her. "Of course sweetheart, he's your best friend, he wanted to see you before we leave for the trip." Mom laughs softly. "Gar! Finally! You've been sleeping forever!" Laurance runs in laughing. I laugh too. But I notice something.. why was he a child.. a rush of realization and I look to mom. "M-mom.." I whisper. The room darkens and I start crying. This was a fucking nightmare. A tease. A cruel joke.
I need to wake up.
I need to..
I did.

My eyes are wet with tears as I open them. I take a moment of silence as I think about the horrible dream I had just dealt with. "Why?" I whisper. I knew what the nightmare was. It was the morning before mom died. She was assassinated. I stretch and stand up. The floor was strangely cold this morning.. Oh well. I get dressed and walk downstairs.
"Goodmorning dad." I smile his way. He waves and gestures for me to sit down. "Hey gar, reader for the meetup?" He asks sliding a platter of food towards me. I sigh and nod.

I sit by the gate pondering how I knew what Laurance looked like as a child. Maybe it was just a wild guess. The sound of horse hooves and wheels made me turn my head. A egg shell white carriage makes its way towards the castle. I gasp and climb over the wall, sprinting towards the back entrance. Tripping in I fix my hair and grab my jacket. Now I looked proper. "Gareth!" I hear a voice scream. I wince and look towards the door.. there stood a pink haired woman with a hideously green dress.
"H-hi.." I mutter. The woman shuffles towards me, only then did I notice her uncesserily large dress dragging on the floor. How.. extra. "So.. are you gonna give me a tour or what?" The girl steps on my foot and folds her arms. "Of c-course.. are y-you Ivy..?" I ask. She nods and shuffles towards the stairwell. I start walking up, knowing she was not too far behind by the sounds of fabric brushing the traditional stone walls. "Um, so this is my father's room.." I look at father's room. She sighs. "Yea Yea whatever, let's get to your brother and your room." She shoves me. I nod and walk further down the hall. "This is Zane's room.. and that's mine.. and Vylad's is further down the hall.." I say, gesturing towards the rooms by pointing. She looks into Zane's room and rolls her eyes. Then into mine, she sits on the bed and smiles. "So this is your room~?" She asks with a flutter of her eyelashes. I nod open the window. I look at the forest. "Gareth why are you blushing.." Ivy asks with a frustrated tone. I shake my head and look back to her. "No reason.. it's just kinda cold out." I grab her hand and pull her out of the room. "This is Vylad's room." I point to the door with the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on it. She sighs and goes to open the door. I block her opportunity. "Uh um.. it's r-really not b-best to go in th-there.." I sweat slightly. She pouts and glares daggers into my eyes. "Why not?" She scowls. "W-well..
U-umm.. he's been um.. training.. for the royale guard.. and umm.. Dante.. um.. his trainer.. prefers to keep th-their p-progress s-secret.." I lie. She raises her eyebrows.
"Sure whatever." She answers.

"Bye..!" I wave the carriage off. "Finally she's gone.." I hear a voice laugh. I turn around. "Laurance? How long.." I stutter. "Long enough to know that she's probably homophobic and that you fucking hate her." Laurance pretends to recap scenes. I punch his arm and smile. "Sure whatever."

-Irene