chapter 19

NOTICE: Due to getting published, chapters 27 onwards of A New Era have been removed from Wattpad. This is because of copyright reasons as well as Amazon guidelines.  

"Come on Akira," Savannah told her pleadingly, "Wilma is a great hairdresser. I'm telling you, she won't even cut that much off!"

Akira's eyes widened in alarm, "No thank you," she told Savannah firmly but politely.

"Come on," Savannah pleaded clasping her hands together and sticking out her bottom lip in a pout.

Akira's eyes scanned the area, desperately looking for Anita. Yet the girl had disappeared moments before, saying that she needed to go pick up something for her mother. Feeling that she could really use Anita's help at the moment Akira let her gaze slide back to Savannah's pleading face. Yet Akira stubbornly shook her head. There was no way she was getting her hair cut. She loved it as long as it was and Seth liked it, so why change it?

Savannah opened her mouth to protest but she never managed as someone else beat her to it.

"Akira!"

Relief flooded through Akira as Dominique burst through the people around her and skidded to a halt. He looked out of breath and yet excited.

"Boy are you hard to track down," he gasped as he placed a hand on Akira's shoulder and bent over to catch his breath.

"Dominique," Savannah smiled at him. "You're just in time. I was just trying to persuade Akira to cut her..."

"Sounds great," Dominique cut her off as he straightened again. "But I need to borrow Akira, sorry," without another word of explanation he grabbed Akira's hand and pulled her away, ignoring Savannah's protests.

"Thanks for saving me. Savannah really just wouldn't give up," Akira told him with a smile when they came to a stop beside a wall to a large building.

"Akira, I found a way in," Dominique told her.

Akira froze, not sure that she had heard correct. It took a moment for her to realize what Dominique had said, yet when she did excitement filled her. Dominique had found a way in! She couldn't believe it!

"When do we go in?" Akira asked, her eyes shining at the thought.

Dominique frowned.

"Dominique?" Akira asked, her enthusiasm dropping a notch. He wasn't backing out, was he? Not after he had found a way in!

"Akira," Dominique gently took a hold of her shoulders.

Akira looked at him questioningly.

"You do know the risk of doing this right?" he asked.

Akira nodded.

"You know what will happen if we get caught?"

"We won't," Akira told him firmly.

Dominique let out a sigh. "I don't know..." he trailed off as he let go of her shoulders. Looking away he ran a hand through his hair. "I guess I just wanted to know," his eyes turned on her and studied her, "If you really want to go through with this?"

Akira met his eyes. "Yes, I really want to go through with this," she told him honestly.

Dominique paused before he nodded, "Alright, we'll go in tomorrow at noon, when the sun is at its highest peak in the sky."

"Tomorrow?" Akira frowned. She wanted to go now, she had waited long enough. "And why noon?" she added in curiously.

"The guards doubled at night, the only time its normal is during broad daylight."