chapter 5

NOTICE: Due to getting published, chapters 27 onwards of A New Era have been removed from Wattpad. This is because of copyright reasons as well as Amazon guidelines.  

"Akira," Dominique repeated not feeling surprised. It was a common name for girls. It had been ever since the last Rider of Legend had carried the name. "So just Akira? No other title?" Dominique asked. Many people, especially the rich, had titles of some sort, and this girl did look like one of the rich.

"Title?" She asked wrinkling her forehead.

"Yes, title," Dominic stressed the word.

Akira cocked her head. "I guess some people call me Akira, rider of Redemption, the last Rider of Legend, or that's what the villagers always say anyway."

"Good one," Dominique snorted, "The Rider of Legend. Then I'm Nemis, head of the council," he chuckled at his own joke.

Akira looked slightly confused at his reaction, wondering what he was laughing at no doubt. She watched him for a moment before she spoke, "Hello Nemis, it is nice to meet you."

Dominique stopped chuckling to stare at her.

"Now, would you be so kind as to maybe tell me how I got here?" Akira asked softly.

"Uh..." Dominique stared at her, wondering if she had memory loss or something. How could she not know how she got here? She was the one who had sneaked up in him after all. "How am I supposed to know?" He asked.

Akira shrugged, looking even more confused. "I don't know. I just thought that since one moment I was chasing the last of Haiden's forces and the next moment there's a white flash and I'm here, standing with you, you would have a clue."

Haiden? Dominique blinked. Was she still going on about this Rider of Legend thing? Boy, she wasn't one to give in easily. Maybe she wasn't quite right in the head and that was it. His eyes widened as another thought came to him. Maybe, maybe this was a trick from the council, maybe they had sent her! Explanations raced through his head but Dominique quickly decided that the best thing to do was to play along.

"Haiden's forces huh?" He asked trying to look like he believed her. "Well, where exactly where you chasing them?"

"At the third Academy, they were taking refuge there and planned to re-group," Akira replied without hesitation.

Dominique had indeed heard the story of the chase from the third Academy. There were five altogether, but it had been at the third that Haiden's last forces had gathered to try and re-group. He examined Akira to find that nothing in her face showed that she was lying.

"Boy, your good," Dominique muttered. Yet almost everyone knew the story of the Rider of Legend and if this girl was sent from the council then he couldn't let his guard down. How she had found him though he didn't know.

"Well, I'm sure you had them running," he said, racking his brain for any ideas of how to leave this girl here and get away.

Akira didn't reply, her forehead wrinkled as she looked around the clearing.

"Wait a moment," she murmured. "I know this place," frowning she glanced around. "No way, not possible. The clearing is too small," she muttered, and yet she looked hesitant about something. Suddenly she turned and began to run towards the trees.

Dominique watched her in confusion. What was her problem? If she was from the council why was she running from him?

"Hey!" He called after her. Yet she didn't stop. He watched her disappear into the trees and realized that this was his chance to leave. This was the chance he had been looking for. And yet something made him stay. What if she wasn't from the council but just some lost girl? Sure, she seemed a bit...well weird, but he couldn't just let her go running around in the forest and risk her getting hurt. But what if for him to follow was just what she wanted and this was all a trap?