Lost

Xander's p.o.v.

I watched with a smile as Starlet fluffled the last pillow. Once we had gotten back, we'd changed and got to redesigning the office like Starlet suggested yesterday.

She'd got me to paint the office green in memory of today, and got a couch and a love seat to really 'bring the room together.' She'd kiddified the place by adding cartoon character pillows.

   Commbined, we had a ton of books to put on the bookshelf.

"Can't we put the books up later?" I asked lazily.

"You're so lazy," Starlet laughed. There was a knock on the door and when we said come in, Carmen was standing there. Carmen was one of the female warriors in the pack, and the previous third-in-command to my mother.

"Alpha, Luna," she said respectfully, bowing.

"Yes, Carmen?" Starlet asked form where she stood on the top of he desk, trying to place a book on the top shelf.

"I came to congratulate you. I know you will lead the pack well, and I'm proud to call you my Alpha and Luna," she said.

"Thank you, Carmen," I said graciously.

*

*

*

"Alex? ALEX!" I ran towards Starlet's fleeting voice. She'd left two hours ago to go and check the borders, and she hadn't been back.

"STARLET!" I yelled into the forest.

"This wouldn't have happened if it weren't  for you, Xander. It's all your fault!" A voice inside my head screamed at me. It was Casper, and he was freaking out.

   I found Starlet, and when I did, a chocked cry left me. She lye in the grass, a single patch of blood on her shirt. There was blood dripping from her precious lips, and she looked horrified.

"Starlet! Stay with me, Starlet. Please. I need you," I cried, vradling her head in my lap.

"It's.......al-l your fault..." she whispered before going limp in my arms.

"STARLET! I REFUSE TO LET YOU GO! PLEASE! I...can't live without you," I said through gritted teeth.

Playground school bell rings again

Rain clouds come to play again

Has no one told you she's not breathing?

Hello, I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to

Hello

If I smile and don't believe

Soon I know I'll wake from this dream

Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken

Hello, I'm the lie living for you so you can hide

Don't cry

Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping

Hello, I'm still here

All that's left of yesterday

"Stop it! STOP! PLEASE!" I gasped, sitting up suddenly. I was in my bed, and Starlet wasn't next to me.

"Starlet? Starlet!?" I called for her nervously, still in panic mode.

"Alex, what's wrong?!" she asked, nearly running out of the restroom.