I've Fallen For You

Xander's p.o.v.

        She kissed back. Desperately. I missed kissing her. I loved the feel of her soft lips on mine. I touched her bottom lip ever so gently with my tongue and she immediately parted her lips. I explored every inch of her mouth. Her tongue battled mine, but of course, I won.

    I heard a soft sigh come from her, and I only pulled away when we were both out of breath.

"I need you," she breathed, her eyes closed. I smiled as I felt happiness surge through me. I kissed her again, gently, and savored the moment.

"ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE!" my ringtone shattered the moment. Starlet pulled back and turned towards the window.

"WHAT IS IT?" I practically growled into the phone.

"That's no way to speak to your mother, young man," my mother scolded.

"Sorry mom. I was just kinda busy," I replied.

"Anyway, where are you?" she asked.

"Starlet and I are on our way back to the cabins," I replied.

"Oh, well that's good. Text me when you make it," she said. That was the reason she called!? To ask where I was!?

"Yes ma'am," I said through gritted teeth.

"Bye dear," my mother said.

"Bye mom," I said before hanging up. When I looked over at Starlet, she had rested her arms on the door and was staring out the window.

  I sighed before starting up the car again and driving to the cabins.

*

*

   When we got there, Starlet opened her door and went into her cabin without another word. I wonder what she's thinking.

'My thoughts are for me to know. Not you,' Starlet's voice rang through my mind. Shit, forgot all about that.

'I just bet you did,' Starlet said, and her voice sounded neutral.

'What are you thinking? There's no way in hell you can ignore what just happened,' I asked. She had her guard up, so I could only hear what she wanted me to.

'I see that as a challenge, future alpha. Well, challenge accepted,' Starlet said before cutting off all connections with me.

   She was toying with me. She was toying with me. I smiled before going and knocking on her door. It was open. She did this on purpose.

"Oh, Starlet," I mumbled as I walked into her cabin. Stuff was everywhere.

"Yes, future alpha?" Starlet asked from where she was seated on the top of a bunk bed.

"Now how are you going to ignore everything that's happened today?" I asked, walking over to her.

"I dunno. I'm pretty good at ignoring things," Starlet said, running her fingers absentmindedly through my hair. I shivered at her touch.

"Your hair is soft," she sighed. I closed my eyes and just got lost as I felt her continuously run her hand through my hair. I growled slightly when I felt her pull away.

"Xander, where did Ashley go?" I heard her ask.

"I told my mother the truth. I couldn't stand you not talking to me. I want to be with you, not her or anyone else," I said honestly.

"That's sweet," I heard her mumble, although it was barely over a whisper. At that moment, I stared up at her, right into her eyes.

"Starlet listen, there's nobody else in the world that makes me feel the way you do. I need you, Starlet. Love shows vulnerability, and I promised myself that I'd never fall for any girl, not even my mate. But...I broke that promise on the night of the masquerade ball," I said seriously.