Family Being Family

Xander's p.o.v.

   When I woke up, I instantly went to grab Starlet, but all I found were empty sheets. I sat up, beginning to panic, when I heard her laughter coming from behind me.

    I turned, and she was leaning against the bathroom door frame, fully dressed and brushing her teeth. My mark stood out against her skin, my initials etched right below the bite marks. I let out a sigh of relief before dropping my head back on my pillow.

"Morning, sleepy head," she giggled, setting down her toothbrush.

"When and why'd you get up?" I whined, "I wanna go back to sleep."

"A few minutes ago to go get my stuff. And no one's stopping you from sleeping," she said and I groaned. My phone rang and I picked it up groggily.

"Good morning, son!" my mother's excited voice came over the phone.

"Hey mom," I replied with a yawn.

"Now, I let you three sleep in, but it's time for you guys to get a move on! Eveyone else left over half an hour ago," my mother explained.

"Alright. I'll tell the others and we'll be on our way," I said before hanging up.

   I plopped back down and tried to bury myself under the covers. She could wait a few more hours.

"I could hear your mom. She's loud. Get up and let's go," Starlet giggled, coming and stripping the covers away from me. I groaned and just swatted uselessly at the air, which caused her to laugh louder.

"Get up Alex," Starlet whined, pushing me out of the bed. I hit the ground with a thud, and I almost immediately popped up onto my feet.

"Why'd you do that!?" I pouted.

"Aww, I'm sorry babe," Starlet said, kissing my nose. Of course she was forgiven.

    There was a loud knock on the door, and Starlet went to answer it while I got dressed. I took a shower then threw on some clothes before packing up all my stuff. Starlet had disappeared, and I was beginning to worry.

'Calm down, Alex. I'm just getting my things,' her amused voice floated into my mind. I smiled as I got the rest of my clothes and made the bed. Then I grabbed my suitcase and hauled it out and to the car.

   Wesley was there with a girl standing next to him. She had dark blonde hair and light brown eyes. Wesley smirked at me as I brought my stuff over.

"Took you two long enough to finally get together. I thought I'd have to find excuses to make myself scarce for the rest of my life," He said with a laugh.

"Shut up Wesley!" Starlet shouted. She dragged her suitcase to the car, which I quickly took from her.

"Xander and Starlet, this is Noelani," Wesley said, beaming at the girl.

"That's a really pretty name. Is it Hawaiian?" Starlet asked.

"Yea. I just moved to Georgia a few weeks ago," Noelani replied.

"Well now, you're moving to Jacksonville," Wesley said, pulling her to him.

"Hey, no PDA! Let's get on the road. The sooner we get going, the sooner we can get home already, and you two can sort out whatever that is," Starlet teased.

    I decided to drive, and Starlet sat in the passenger's seat. Noelani and Wesley were in the back doing who knows what.

*

*

*

   Starlet fell asleep half way through the drive back, and was still sleeping when we pulled up at the pack house. I went around the car and lifted her, careful not to wake her. When I entered the house, my mother squealed, Leilah smirked, and everyone else wore dumbfound expressions. Huh, didn't even think about how they'd react.

   I walked right passed them and up the stairs. I placed Starlet down gently in my bed, then covered her with a blanket. I'd move her stuff in here later. When I turned, Trevor was at the door, and he wore a pissed off expression.

"Care to explain?" He asked loudly, and I could tell he was trying to keep his cool. Starlet stirred, and I put a finger to my lips. I exited and shut the door quietly before looking at Trevor.

"What?" I asked.

"What the fuck, man?! You smell like my sister! You better not have slept with her," he snapped.

"And why the hell not?!" I asked.

"Because I know you! You're just gonna lead her on!" He hissed, causing me to growl.

"You're wrong," I growled lowly.

"Oh, so suddenly you've had a change of heart!?" he asked, really starting to tick me off.

"I love her," I snarled at him.

"You don't love anybody but yourself! You've had tons of girls rotate in and out of here, and you haven't loved a single one, so what makes my sister any different?" Trevor asked, and I swear I wanted to punch him.

"She's my mate, Trevor!" I shouted at him, and the anger evaporated from his face. Only for a second.

"You're lying," he barked at me.

"No he's not," Starlet's petite voice drifted from behind me. When I looked back, she was standing right behind me, staring at the both of us.

"What are you doing up? Did we wake you?" I asked her, my voice softening. She ignored me, and directed her attention at Trevor.

"He isn't lying, Trevor," Starlet said quietly, moving her hair away so my mark was visible.

"B-But...I," Trevor said, at a loss for words.

"Calm down, Trevor," she said, stepping towards him. He looked like he was ready to burst any second, and having Starlet so close to him didn't sit right with me.

"XANDER!" I cringed when I heard Beta James's loud shout. Shit.

   I froze, not really wanting to go downstairs. Starlet laughed before taking my hand and pulling me downstairs, right past Trevor, who just glared at me. When we got downstairs, Jasper ran to Starlet, throwing his arms around her in a hug. She released my hand and bent down to say hello.

"Xander, a word if you will," Beta James's tone made me all the more nervous. This was Starlet's father after all.

"Daddy!" Starlet said happily, walking over to her father, Jasper trailing behind her. She hugged her father, and sat down beside him.

"H-hi, Beta James," I said sheepishly, sitting on the couch furthest away from him.

"Want to tell me why you informed no one that my only daughter was your mate? And what this is?" He asked, brushing Starlet's hair away from her neck. My mark stood out proudly on her skin.

"It's my fault," Starlet said quietly, "Alex was going to tell you the night of my birthday, but I kind of signaled for him not to."

"Alex?" Beta James asked questionably. Starlet looked down, her cheeks heating up in a blush. Her blush was so cute.

"Because I support this relationship, I won't kill you. But, I'll be having my eye on you," Beta James said, extremely serious.

"Thank you sir," I mumbled.

*

*

"You looked about ready to shit your pants!" Starlet laughed. It was only a few minutes later, and I had just went upstairs after Starlet's father let me know the rules about being with his daughter.

"Hey, don't judge," I said.

"I think Trevor hates you though," Leilah said from the doorway. She still had the same smirk on her face from earlier.

"I'll go talk to him," Starlet said, standing. Leilah followed her out.

   A few boring minutes later, I heard a scream. A feminine scream. Starlet!