Anger Issues

Starlet's p.o.v. (surprise!)

"Nice place," I mumbled as I walked inside the beach house.

  The walkway from the door was kind of like a grand entrance type thingy that opened into a big living room. The kitchen was to the right of the living room, and it kind of looked into the living room, separated by a bar. The living room was fully furnished and there were huge windows that overlooked the ocean.

"They said they already have you guys' rooms ready," Max said, carrying my suitcase up the stairs on the left of the room.

  I followed Max upstairs to a room with 'Star' spray-painted on the black door in yellow paint. Great, my room is right across from Xander's.

        It was locked, and there was a combination lock to the left of the door. It had a hint on it that said 'your best friend.' Nothing more. I punched in Leilah and it beeped red and showed the words 'wrong passcode.'

       I thought for a second before the perfect name came to mind. I sent a pointed look at Max and he held up his hands up in surrender, turning around. I punched in the name quickly and the pad beeped green. I heard a lock unclick and I pushed the door open into my room. 

        It was just like the room I had at home. Same black walls with random paint splatters of blue and red on them. My bed had the same Adventure Time comforter on it, and the same Catdog pillow-yes, I'm still a child at heart....don't judge.

       The carpet was the same confetti color with a black base and the room had the same huge blue teardrop shaped rug in the middle. The only difference was the window behind my bed, which looked out over the ocean. It still felt like home. I thanked Max for bringing up my stuff and he nodded before leaving.

   I unpacked my clothes, putting them in my dresser and slipped my dream journal under my pillow. I hung whatever needed to be hung in my closet and lined my shoes up in a neat row.   

    I took the little makeup I used and set it on the dresser before taking my credit card and slipping it into a small crack in my dresser that was just big enough for it to fit. My phone rang from my suitcase and I pulled it out and answered, not even bothering to check the caller I.D.

"Hello," I said nicely, kicking my camo combat boots off and into the closet.

"Hey, Buttercup," I heard a familiar voice say.

"Hi dad!" I said happily, laughing slightly at the nickname he gave me when I was seven.

"Have you guys made it to Miami?" My father asked as I went and opened the huge window behind my bed, loving the smell of the saltwater.

"Yes. We made it about twenty minutes ago," I replied, sitting on my bed.

"That's good. Do you like your room?" He asked.

"Of course! It's just like the one at home! Well, except for the lock beside the door. By the way, why was that name my password?" I asked.

"Because that's your best friend..." My dad stated simply.

"Yea, that was my best friend. In like, second grade," I sighed.

"Well, I think it still is deep down," My father said in his 'wise old voice.'

"STARLET! OPEN THIS DOOR!" I heard Leilah shout from outside my door, banging on it like a maniac.

 "I've got to go. Leilah's throwing a fit. I'll call you tomorrow. Love you," I said quickly.

"Love you, too, Buttercup," my father said before hanging up.

"What's up, Leilah?" I asked when I opened the door.