Masquerade Ball (EDITED)

Starlet's p.o.v.

"Come on already, Star. We're going to be late!" Trevor shouted up the stairs.

"Just a few more minutes!" My mother shouted back, fixing my turquoise dress.

   She took a brush and combed her way through my hair before tying a turquoise ribbon around it. She then grabbed my mask from off my dresser.

    It was a turquoise mask that matched my dress, encrusted with jewels around the seams. She carefully put the mask onto my face, making sure to cover the purple bruise that was fading slower than usual.

"I still don't understand how you're this clumsy. I mean, at home you never even stumble, but it seems at school you're falling left and right," My mother sighed.

     I didn't want to tell her what caused the bruise at school yesterday. Trevor had already went to class, and I was alone in the hall with Xander. He pushed me against a locker and spat in my face, then punched before laughing and going to class. His reasoning? He was bored.

"Anyway, you look beautiful, darling," My mother cooed, showing me in a full-length mirror.

     My strapless dress flowed to just above my knees and had a bow tied around the waist area. It had a sweetheart neckline and laced up in the back. My silver flats glistened and my mask silhouetted my face. No one could recognize me under the mask.

"Is she finally ready so we can go?" Trevor asked, sticking his head in my room.

    He wore a tuxedo with a red tie. His mask was red and had feathers coming out of the sides.

"The only time you want to be on time for school and it's a Saturday," My mother said, shaking her head and moving to the side so that he could see me.

"Ta-da," I said, taking a practice spin.

"You clean up fairly well," He teased.

"Well, let's go," I said, taking him by the arm and running out of the room before my mother had the time to take pictures.

"Goodbye, mother!" I shouted, grabbing the keys to my brother's Lamborghini Aventador. 

    He snatched the keys from my hand and hopped in the driver's seat. I got into the passenger's seat and we were off. 

    When we got to the school, the sun was setting and I saw Trevor's mate, Leilah, in a beautiful long red dress. She saw Trevor and smiled, then looked at me and let her mouth hang open.

   "Starlet?" She asked hesitantly. I nodded.

"Ohmigosh, you look beautiful!" She gushed, pulling me into a hug. 

     Leilah was my only friend at school since fourth grade, and when she figured out she was Trevor's mate, she was thrilled.

"Thanks. So do you! I'm going to head inside. Just remember, Trevor, brother of mine," I said, throwing a look at my brother, "mother and father are too young to be grandparents." 

    Leilah gasped and blushed, and Trevor gave me a death glare.

"See ya," I said with a loud laugh, leaving the two alone.

   Our school was mostly made of werewolves from BloodMoon pack, but there were the few humans that scattered the place. I sighed deeply before pushing open the door and walking into the cafeteria.

    Almost immediately, everyone stared at me. Girls gave me envious looks and guys whispered to each other, and I could only hear a few words of what they were saying.