Chapter 23

Evie

The catastrophe of Christmas is over and done with, the extended family has left and the ways things with my immediate family have gone back to normal, shutting me out and criticizing everything i do. The wall clock ticked louder and louder with every passing second. Time was passing ever so slowly, i guess it was because i didn't know if luke would actually show up.

The discussion with my Aunty Olivia, I think put it all into perspective, even when i rejected him, Luke was more than willing to help me and be by my side. That was rare. Never have i ever seen someone act this way towards me, that's how i knew he was special; oh so very special.

The shower of taps upon my window are what draw me from my thoughts, knocking sound repeats itself over and over. Slowly walking up to the window, i peer behind the curtain and standing there was a bright smiling face that I had been waiting to see for hours. His hair still slightly wet from either a shower or swimming, and the signature smile visible for all to see. That's what made me smile the most i have in the last 2 weeks, he was happy to see me, he was happy that i had called. That's what i needed right now. But then suddenly my phone started ringing, it was then that i mouthed the words I'm sorry to Luke and turned around and grabbed my phone from my bed where the contact name "Babe" with a bright red heart was displayed a slight chuckle escaped my lips, of course it was him; smart ass.

"Hello, this is Evie-Rose." My customer service voice beams over the line, two can play at this game.

"Hey, are you busy?" The familiar voice of Luke rings in my ear, god I have missed his voice. I pause before answering, taking my time to look back out the window at the tall handsome man that is waiting outside my window.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Luke, but there's someone waiting for me outside my window. And well I can't keep him waiting any longer than I already have." a small chuckle escapes my lips as swiftly say goodbye bye and end the phone call.

Heading back to the window, I finally open the window to see the cheeky smile which
I adore. The same Luke, with the same smile, the same blue eyes and the same flirtatious attitude.

"Geez, how long did you want me to wait out here Evie?" He sighed as he edged closer to the window sill which I am sat upon.

"I'm sorry I had to take this phone call from this really weird guy that has been begging me to go in a date with him. But I had to tell him that I had someone waiting for me." For the first time since the incident in New York my smile isn't force, it's natural, it's me. It can't control the giant grin that is now plastered all over my face, and Luke knows it. His smile says it all.

"Oh, that's okay then!" He laughs as he clambers through my window behind me. "Wait! I'm not creepy!" The look of shock horror plastered across his face when he realises what I had said. An uncontrollable fit of giggles takes over and I can't help but doing anything other than laugh. "That's it! You're going to get it now!" Luke then leaps across the room ready to tickle me, the menacing look upon his face giving away his plan. Luckily, I was quick enough to dart the first attempt, but not the second. Before I knew it his arms were wrapped around me tickling my ribs.

"I've missed you, Evie-Rose." A ruby red blush lit up my cheeks as his lips pressed to my cheek, following some untraceable line to the corner of my lips before using his fingertips to turn my head fully toward him. A ghost of a smile graced his lips, a flash of pink as his tongue darted across. Bright blue hid from view as he fluttered his eyes shut, letting his lips brush mine as a sharp breath got stuck in my lungs. How did he make every kiss feel like it was the first?

"Popcorn?" Was the first word out of his mouth, eyes opening to bore into my own startled ones.

"Excuse me?" I questioned, turning to fully face him as he tugged me impossibly closer to his chest.