Trying to ignore fate (Edited)

Rose’s P.O.V

I stood there with my arm stretched out in front of me revealing the infected bite while watching melody take all of this in, she took a couple of steps back from me and tears started pouring out of her eyes. It was so horrible standing here watching her accept that I’m going to die and turn into one of those horrid things. I say that so calmly because I don’t think I have even accepted my fate. I pulled my sleeve back down covering up my bloody arm and started walking towards melody in hope that I could comfort her. But she just turned around and started walking away from me, “Melody! Don’t walk away from me, I’m not dead yet!” I shouted to try and get her attention. She stopped and sat on the ground as I was walking towards her. I have never seen her break down like this before, not even when she was told that her mum and dad were basically dead. I went over to her and hugged her from behind, trying to comfort her the best I could. I didn’t really know what to do; I have never been in this sort of situation before. Like ever, it was a zombie apocalypse for god’s sake!

We must have sat there for a while because it was starting to get dark, I wanted to get moving a little while ago but let melody stay like this because she had bottled all of her emotions up until now. “Melody we got to go now.” I said as I heard a moaning sound come from around the corner. We both froze, watching as this zombie staggered around the corner. I don’t think it saw us until I stood up allowing Melody to get up too; I turned around to grab the shot gun from behind me so I could shoot it, I was not in the mood right now to be dealing with them. I picked up the gun and aimed for the zombies head but stopped when Melody looked at me and shook her head, so I lowered the gun and gave her a confused look because why wouldn’t she want me to shoot the zombie. Luckily this zombie looked as if it was already injured so it was walking very slowly, I wonder what happened.

Melody pulled out her two knives and before I could say anything went running towards the zombie. She looked so determined on killing this creature. Before the zombie could react to her running up to it, she jumped in the air and brought her knife down and smashed it into its skull. She used that much force that the end of the knife burst through the bottom of its chin making the zombies body drop to the ground in an instant with Melody landing on top of it. I ran over to her to make sure that she was okay.

Melody’s P.O.V

I stood over the zombie’s body and started to let my frustration out on it, after just brutally killing it I was asking it questions as if it was actually going to answer me. “This is your fault! Why rose? Look at what you have done to Rose! Look!” I pointed at Rose and turned the zombies head with the handle of the knife in its head as if it was seeing rose. I knew it wasn’t this zombie that had bitten rose but I was not going to accept this, it was a waste of time shouting at this zombie and all it was going to get me was unwanted attention from anything around. I walked over to where Rose was standing watching me with cautious eyes, expecting me to do something else. But I just picked up my bag. Not wanting to speak any more about Rose being bitten, I started walking the way we were heading before all of this happened. I turned around to find Rose just standing in the same place just looking at me, “come on then Rose, we need to get somewhere high where we are less likely to get attacked.” I shouted, not waiting for her to catch up I continued walking down the alleyway.

Rose caught up with me just as I made it to the end of the alleyway and didn’t say anything, so I kept it like that just thinking about other things to try and keep Roses fate off my mind. I didn’t know which way would be best to go, go left and we would have to walk all the way back through the school, the way we came and out the front gate or go right and walk through the football field and through the main building and out the gate. I think that going right will be the easiest thing to do because it’s just a straight run through the field until we get to the building.