keeping secrets (Edited)

Rose’s P.O.V (while melody was in the bathroom)

I walked towards the kitchen doorway holding the shotgun on my shoulder; melody said it was safe when we came in here so I didn’t think there was any need to be afraid of anything coming in. But I didn’t know if she had checked in here so I took it off my shoulder and held it high in my hands, I walked into the room and spotted the big fridges that they kept all of the fresh food in. walking over to the fridge I noticed something in the corner of my eye, I turned quickly and was faced by nothing. My imagination again, so I turned back and opened the door. Great! I looked at all of the empty shelves feeling my stomach growl and decided to look for something in the cupboards. I went around one by one looking in each and every one of them and finding nothing. And then I came to last one and found some cans, wow! I know it’s the apocalypse and everything but I didn’t expect the last thing I would find would be cans of food. People can be so dumb. I bent down on my knees to pick up the cans and placed them on the top of the counter above, I stood up and picked up the cans and went to turn back to go to Melody but was knocked to the floor by a filthy zombie, this was the first time that I had actually come face to face with one. Melody was always the one to be on them first, shooting away. I was too slow reacting and felt a sharp pain go through my body as the zombie bit my arm, I didn’t think about what was happening and pushed it off of me. I was going to run away but no! This is my fight, why should Melody do everything, I’m not a baby! I kicked it in the face and rushed up off the floor and couldn’t see the shotgun anywhere, my eyes darting around to try and see it I finally laid eyes on the shotgun on the floor over to my left. As I went to run for it I was pulled to the ground yet again by this zombie, i kicked it a second time remembering I had a knife. I pulled it out of my back pocket and shoved it with all my strength into the zombie’s skull causing it to go limp and fall on top of me. I pushed it away from me and stood up and remembered what this filthy thing did to me, so I pulled my sleeve up to reveal the bloody bite mark on my arm. Oh god! Melody is going to kill me now, what do I do? I can’t tell her, it will ruin our friendship. I decided that I would tell her when we got to a safer place, but for now I just wrapped my arm in a piece of material I pulled from my shirt. Luckily the bite was far up my arm so I could easily cover it up with my sleeve. I went over to the fridge and picked the shotgun and the cans off the floor and walked out of the room leaving everything that had just happen in its place. I ran over to the bathrooms happy that we could finally eat; I knew skipping breakfast was a bad idea this morning. “I found some food!” I shouted at Melody wanting her to hurry up with whatever she was doing. She looked better now that she was clean, smelled better too. I had to force myself not to laugh. “Great!” she said and walked straight past me out the door; I followed her and sat across from her on another table. I was so thirsty I opened a can of coke that I had in my backpack and took a big mouthful and passed it too Melody as I wondered if she had heard anything that went on in the kitchen. I wasn’t going to bring it up, so we stayed silent.

Melody’s P.O.V

We must have been sitting there for at least a couple of hours just eating and chatting forgetting about what is outside when I looked at Rose’s head , it had dry blood on it and there was more blood in her brown hair. “Rose. Why is there blood in your hair?” I asked and noticed that when I said this she looked at her lap and put a hand on her head. “There is?” she asked, I wondered what happened when I was in the bathroom, and how did she harm herself? Was there a zombie in the kitchen that she had to deal with? I wanted to know so I asked “what happened?” we sat there with the question I asked still lingering in the air. I waited until she finally replied.” I slipped and fell, hit my head on the counter.” I didn’t know what to think and whatever happened I there she obviously didn’t want to talk to me about it so I dropped it.

I looked at my watch and it was 2.00pm, we still had at least 4 hours of sunshine before we had to find somewhere to stay the night so I started to think about what we should do. We were going to go back to the armoury to get more ammunition but after counting it all I decided that I think we had more than enough to last for a while, as long as we don’t get into any major trouble. I looked over at Rose she looked like she was lost in deep thought just like I was, but I was tired of just sitting around. So I got up off of the table and started to collect my stuff. “Rose come on, I recon we got about 4 hours before we have to find somewhere to crash, so let’s go.” I said whilst lifting my now full backpack onto my back. “Where are we going to go Melody? There is nowhere safe anymore.” She asked as I slid my knife into my pocket and reloaded the handgun that Rose used to shoot Ethan. I thought about that for a second, her parents were probably dead or infected , I knew there was no one at my house we could go there and try to barricade ourselves in. I explained all of this to Rose for her to sit back down and sigh; I think she was thinking about her family being dead or infected. I was never any good at comforting people so I didn’t move, I gave her a couple of minutes to think it through and then she looked up at me and nodded, saying nothing. I presumed that means were off to my house.

hope you guys liked the switch of characters :)