Running from the dead (Edited)

I know I have only just uploaded 2 parts of my story already but I think that you guys need a bit more, this is where it gets interesting...

Rose came with me not asking for any explanation. We were speed walking down the hall towards the stairs when I heard the screaming, it came from the classroom to our left. “Should we go see if we can help them?” asked Rose. I wanted to help them but I also didn’t want to get us killed. “I don’t know.” The screams were dying down and were replaced by strange moaning sounds. “ maybe we should just-” before I could finish my sentence the door burst open and people started pouring out, but they weren’t alive, they were most definitely zombies. “RUN!” I shouted to Rose as one grabbed my arm. I swung around drawing my knife out and sliced of its arm sending a huge spray of a brownish red blood all over the wall. Any normal person would be on the floor buckled with pain but it seemed to carry on as if nothing had happened. How am I meant to kill them? I threw some knives at the one at the front of the group, landing them straight into its heart and shoulder. It slowed but it didn’t stop running after us. I paniced as we were nearing the end of the hall; do we make a run for it or do we hide until it’s over? Rose went running up the stairs before I could say anything so I just went with it and followed her. Shouting “to the top floor, we can hide in the greenhouse!” to Rose as I shot a zombies legs off with the shotgun, hoping it would slow the rest of them down. We smashed through the locked door and slammed it shut behind us, i grabbed a metal pipe and pushed it through the handle on the door which held the zombies back that had made it up the stairs.

My heart was beating faster than it ever had before, I was not expecting that. I was kind of prepared with all the information I got from my parents office but that was just scary. I mean zombies! Seriously? I checked to make sure that I didn’t get bitten by that zombie. I wasn’t, luckily. “Melody” I turned to find Rose standing on the edge of the building looking down. “Oh Rose, get away from the edge you might fall!” I said as I walked towards her, “have you been bitten?” I asked standing next to her, she didn’t reply for what seemed ages. “What? No! Look down there melody” as she pointed towards the ground I stepped onto the edge and looked down. Wow! They were as far as I could see, some wondering around like they were lost and others running after people that tried to make it past them. I felt sorry for them but if it wasn’t for Rose running upstairs we would be fighting them and even possibly getting caught and killed by them down there. Walking towards the greenhouse, it started to snow, “come on Rose lets go inside.” There wasn’t much room inside, I picked up a few plant pots and started chucking them over the edge at the zombies. It was fun; I completely forgot about the cold snow setting on the roof and called Rose out to join me. “See if you can hit that one over there.” I pointed at the zombie over in the far corner of the gym block; it looked like it was trying to get something inside. “I wonder if anyone is in there.” Rose said to me as she threw the pot. It landed next to the zombie, I was starting to get bored and cold. So I stood up and grabbed the bow from behind me, aimed at the zombies head and fired. “Right in the head!” I shouted as the arrow went right through its head and pinned it against the wall. I waited a few seconds for it to move and try to pull itself off of the wall, but it didn’t move. “Rose look” I pointed at the zombie, “what?” said Rose confused. “The zombie isn’t moving! It’s not moving! I think it’s dead! That’s how you kill them; shoot them all in the head!” Now we know how to defend ourselves. But that means me and Rose are going to need a lot of firepower and ammunition to kill them. That means making a trip back to the armoury to get more bullets, if there is any left. But for now I think we might have to stay the night in the greenhouse. Luckily there were some dusty blankets in the corner that used to cover some plants. But before we could settle down and sleep we double barricaded the door so nothing could get in.

I hope that this one has you guys interested in reading more because the first 2 parts was kind of just an intro to the story but please tell me in comments what you think about it so far.