Everlasting Requiem

A/N: If you have already seen this in FFnet then, um, I'm also Love-fades-mine-has-021 there and I'm just re-publishing this here for those who wanna read it. I don't own KNB, just the OCs of my fanfics.

This fanfics still needs revising, and editing, so please bear with the errors. Thank you.

"Everlasting Requiem"

Summary:

Everyone in Seirin wonders why Kuroko Tetsuya cannot refuse any of the Generation of Miracles - especially his former captain, Akashi Seijuro. He does not seem to go out with anyone but his current and former teammates. None can read the shadow's eyes, but it seems he's keeping a big secret - one only the GoM knows.

CHAPTER ONE~

Kagami Taiga, Seirin's ace, watches secretly and silently as some of their other classmates approached the not-so-invisible-today Kuroko Tetsuya, his one and only shadow. "Hey, Kuroko-kun, want to go out with us? We're going to eat okonimiyaki and go to a karaoke bar! It'll only take about an hour. Wanna come?" One of the guys surrounding the blue-head offered.

Kagami was expecting a polite 'yes' from Kuroko, but it wasn't the word he heard. "I'm so sorry, but I'll pass. We have basketball practice today and after that, I will have an errand to run to. Thank you for the offer. Excuse me." He replied, stood up and walked out of their classrooms' door.

The red-head raised an eyebrow. "That's weird." He mumbled, stood up, took his bag and went out of their classroom as well.

He's walking right behind his shadow and questions filled his mind.

They have won against Rakuzan and their preparing in presenting their country to the International League which will be held after two months. Everyone in the club tries harder than they usually does. He and Kuroko learned a new pass and their bond got stronger. The whole team usually hangs out when they have some spare time...and money.

Kuroko is always ready to answer 'yes' to his teammates' offers. He even accepts the invitations of his former teammates which are also called Generation of Miracles.

He has seen Kuroko hang out with other people for just about five or six times, yet he has never seen the teal-head hang out with his classmates or even someone he knows but is not a part of their team.

His 'shadow' has a barrier that separates him from others.

"Hey, Kuroko, wait up for me!" Kagami shouted and ran beside Kuroko.

"Kagami-kun, domo." His shadow greeted. "Were you following me?"

"O-Of course not!" The red-head stuttered.

There was a pause and with low voice, Kuroko mumbled, "Kagami-kun..."

"Mmnn...Yeah?"

"Have you ever kept a secret?" The teal-head suddenly questioned.

Munching his sandwich, Kagami answered, "Yeah, Of course."

His partner turned to him. "I mean a big secret."

The power forward of Seirin blinked. "Uh...not really."

His 'shadow' narrowed his eyes, sighed and went back at reading his book.

~~~~~~

They arrived at the gym just right in time. "We will start after-"

Riko Aida, Seirin's coach, was cut off when Kuroko's cellphone rang loudly. The latter took out his phone and answered it. "Excuse me." Kuroko whispered and went to a corner.