Chapter 17: Things going downhill

Hey! The next chapter is here! Enjoy reading!

Alexander's POV

''Where is she now, Ashton?'' I asked.

''At the cafe. '' he replied.

''Alone?''

''Eh...''

''Spit it out.'' I snapped.

''She's with Michael Devenson.''

''Alright. You can return to the house.''

''But ...''

''No buts. Get back to the house now.'' I yelled and ended the call.

She is with that man. Again. She met him yesterday and today as well without telling me. What is her business with him? Michael Devenson isn't a simple person. He is a tough man as well as a competitor in the hotel business. She wouldn't sell any companies secrets to him, would she? I don't want to doubt her. However, what if she betrayed me? What if what Nick told me was true? All these questions will surely drive me crazy. I want the answers now. I can't wait until I get home. But I can't just call her and demand answers. I want to see her in person. Making up my mind I told my secretary through the intercom to cancel the last appointment I had in two hours and grabbing my things I exited my office heading to the garage.

Arriving at the cafe I parked my car near it. I was ready to open the door when I spotted them. They were sitting next to the window looking too cozy for me. I saw her giving him an envelope smiling. After some time he told her something and she nodded. He got up and next thing I knew he was hugging my wife while she was hugging him back.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought she was different. I should have never let my guard down. She is the same as Andrea. I shouldn't have trusted her. Deep down I always doubted her, but I pushed it aside thinking it was because of my past. However, now I know that I shouldn't have done that.I couldn't stay here anymore and see her flirting with another man. Starting the engine I sped off not really having a destination in my mind.

How could she do this to me? I opened up to her and yet she betrays me. She's an awful and deceitful woman. I wish I had never met her.

Evelyn's POV

Putting the file on the table I waited for Michael to open it. He seemed to be nervous. The reason of it unknown to me.

''What did the results say?'' he asked.

''Open it and see yourself.'' I replied keeping my face passive.

''It's positive.'' he said after checking it himself.

Four days ago we went to a clinic and did a DNA test. They said that the results would be ready by this afternoon. I told them to send them to the cafe. I couldn't risk Alexander reading them when I still haven't told him anything. Yesterday he was acting a bit strange. Maybe he was stressed.

When the file came, I called Michael and twenty minutes later he was here. When I first saw the results I was shocked and then I was ecstatic when I saw that it was positive. I had a big brother when I least I expected it. Now I could tell Alexander about Michael. He has to meet his brother-in-law.

''You believe me now, right?'' Michael asked.

His eyes were full of hope and anxiety. He really wanted me to believe and accept him.

''Yes. To tell you the truth I had started believing you from yesterday. I just had to make sure.'' I replied.

''Can I hug you?''