Chapter 11: Before the wedding

The next chapter is here! Enjoy it! It's more like a filler chapter but I thought that I should update since it's a long time from my last update.

The next chapter is the wedding! Let's see. Will they get married or not? 

P.S.: The club on the side.

Alexander's POV

''Cheers.'' Justin said and we gulped down our shots.

Owen true to his word arranged my bachelor party. He only told me to call the friends I wanted. So, I called Justin, Peter, and Dean. They were friends of Owen's and mine. All five of us met at college. We quickly became friends as we had several things in common and our personalities were similar, but each one of us had something that the other lacked. After college, we kept in touch and several times we go out for a drink or something else. Justin is a lawyer and he is for some months now the company's lawyer. Peter is one of the best construction engineers in Boston. And Dean is the owner of a chain of high-class restaurants.

Owen took us to one of the biggest dance clubs in Boston, Royale. I didn't like dancing but for a drink, this place seemed pretty good. Honestly, I really needed a drink tonight. I'm getting married tomorrow. Who? The me who swore to be a bachelor for all my life. The place was full of people. Others were dancing and others were drinking.

''I need to ask Evelyn how she managed to make you propose to her.'' Dean said.

''Yeah. I want to know that, too.'' Peter said and Justin agreed as well.

I spent a night with her and she became pregnant with my child. So, I took responsibility by marrying her. I couldn't say that to them. They believe that we are in love and that's why we are holding the ceremony tomorrow. Both Evelyn and I agreed to have all people believe that we love each other.

Evelyn. I investigated her and I found out that indeed she went to the accounting department and she really is the co-owner of Nadia's café. I couldn't believe what the private detective told me. I still don't know what to believe. But after some thought, I came to a conclusion. I surely won't accuse her of anything. At least not yet. I don't have enough evidence to blame her for something so serious.

''Ask her, then. Maybe she will tell you the secret of capturing me.'' I said smirking.

''Will any women come tonight?'' Dean asked.

''No. Alexander has forbidden me from bringing any or else he will have my head in a plate.'' Owen replied.

''Seriously? Not you at all, Alex. She did change you.'' Peter commented.

''Well, maybe she managed to do what other women couldn't.'' I said.

I was starting believing it as well. Many people told me that I was different. It may be true. I had long ago accepted that Evelyn had a little power over me whether she knew it or not and simply I couldn't deny her anything. Especially when she was doing that puppy face.

I wonder what she is doing right now. She was supposed to spend the night with her friends at our house whereas I would stay along with Justin, Peter, and Dean at Owen's house. All our suits for tomorrow were already there. Although I wanted to spend this night with her, she insisted on staying at different places. I respected her request because I knew it would make her happy.

''Alex, we don't have any company. Couldn't Evelyn have hired any male strippers?'' Justin asked.

''That might be a possibility. After all, she is a very beautiful woman and tonight is her last day as a single woman.'' Peter said.