Chapter Nine: Uncle's House

Colin's POV

I had been in the wrong place, wrong time. The wrong computer room. But another part of me is beginning to wonder if it had been a good thing I had been in there. This thing between the headmaster and Arrow's uncle maybe important to know.

Anything could be happening and if Arrow's uncle is involved, that's not good. I just hope it has nothing to do with Arrow. There is nothing to prove it is or isn't. So where does that leave me? Holding just another bloody secret from Arrow. Nothing to worry about though right? Has nothing to do with Arrow.

Just something dodgy going on with his uncle and the headmaster. It may be nothing, it maybe something little for all I know. Maybe I took the whole conversation wrong. Maybe it sounded weird or strange because I wanted it too.

I'm ill, maybe its that playing up again. Who knows. I'm never truly going to ever be better. It will play up at the most annoying times. My thoughts and feelings have been good for a while now but it could never be perfect. If there is any signs of it I have to make a doctors appointment. I am on medication which is meant to be helping. Up until this point I feel it has worked.

My disorder can make me have hallucinations, could that explain what I saw? I still don't know everything about what I have. I mean with what my disorder is anyway, how am I too remember it all.

I think I'm just going to forget what I saw. I don't want Arrow or anyone else worrying about things that don't really matter. I'm sure what I saw isn't going to be a problem.

"Colin are you alright? We are meant to be working on these test papers," says Izz nudging my arm.

I look at her before looking around at the class all buried inside their test papers. Since I found out about my disorder I've been working even harder to make sure I succeed in my exams. It's not easy and what I want to do for my future is still unclear.

I'm studying ICT, English, Maths and Business studies. It's a lot of hard work. I don't know how I've managed to stay focused with all the changes I've had. But each time I brought my course work with me to each school, I know that much.

I just keep asking myself the same question though. What can I do from this? I didn't apply for University either. Before I knew Arrow I didn't know what I wanted. I still don't know. I didn't apply because I had nothing in my mind I wanted to do.

I haven't really spoke to Arrow about my future. What I want or what he may expect me to do. I'm sure he fears what I'm going to do and I don't blame him. I need to make a decision and fast.

"Sorry Izz I was thinking," I finally say.

"About what?" she asks.

I look at her and sigh, "The future," I say .

"You mean what you are going to do?"

"Yeah I have not a clue," I tell her.

"Look Colin, I don't know what you want to be. But listen to my words. You want to live a good life along side Arrow right? You are older. You must find a stable job. What ever that maybe you must make a decision. Is there anything at all that comes to you?" she asks me.

"I want to be a foster parent," I tell her.

She looks at me, "Where did that come from?"

"I want to be a foster parent. Arrow and I. That be amazing. Taking in children who need a family. Along side that I want to make my own business," I smile.

"What type of business?"  she asks.

"Child minding along side building a child centre," I tell her.