Part 43 [Maha-Update]

Arnav signed to Akash who nodded at him before walking to other side leaving Anjali to whom he was supporting till now.

----------------

Khushi looked at everyone as they played with Anjali's daughter and sighed. After Arnav signed Akash he walked towards the projector and turned it on making big screen to light up and Shyam's face turning from confusion to horror as his conversation with Arnav and Khushi played on screen from terrace.

Shyam started stammering and then again tried to make excuses in front of Anjali but this time instead of believing him she slapped him and started accusing him for betraying her love and trust. Frustrated, with the turn of events Shyam pushed her back and then himself started confessing what he never loved her and what all he did in his hunger for money and lust. Next moment Arnav and Akash was beating him black and blue when police walked in and somehow managed to pull Arnav away from him who wasn't ready to do so otherwise he would have killed Shyam.

Khushi gets up from the sofa telling everyone that she needs some rest and denied Payal who wanted to help her till room, she have something else in mind. Arnav ji have gone to police station to complete other formalities and Anjali Di left for her room as she wanted to be left alone for sometime and though Khushi understands her need to have some time to take all the revelations in she still needs to do something. So instead of walking to her room she stopped in front of Anjali's room and after thinking for sometime hesitantly she finally knocked on door and getting no response she slowly opens the door, worried.

There Anjali was sitting on floor, leaning her back to bed and holding her parent's picture in hand with teary eyes. She gulped painfully looking at her and after contemplating on disturbing her or not she was ready to turn back when she heard her voice "Khushi ji".

Khushi turns around again to see her Anjali looking at her now and signed her to come in. She walked to her and sat on the bed because she can't sit on floor with her belly in this condition. Anjali smiled slowly at her before she herself settles beside her on bed.  Both women sat there silently contemplating how to start whatever they want to say when Khushi breaks the silence. "I am sorry about what happened Di, but trust me I never wanted you to get hurt."

Anjali interrupted her before she can continue keeping her hand above hers on bed "You don't need to ask for forgiveness Khushi ji, I understand." Both again fell silent and just when Khushi was thinking to leave Anjali started speaking "You all must have been thinking how dumb and stupid woman I am, right?" Khushi nods her head in denial but Anjali chuckles "You know you are so sweet but I know that's the truth even Payal told that day.'"

"Jiji didn't mean that, she just said this in anger to see me getting hurt." Khushi tried to clarify but Anjali nodded with a little smile and continues "Let me tell you something about me today, will you hear?"

Khushi nodded and Anjali started speaking with a far away look "When I was small I was always ignored by my father and his family because I was a girl that too with a lump, the only persons who used to love me or make me feel important was my mother and Chotte. For my father and grandmother it was only Arnav because he was a boy and their heir. I also started staying happy and satisfied with my mother's and Chotte's love accepting the fact that my father don't actually care about me."

"When I was 17, I suddenly found my marriage getting fixed and when I turned 18 officially preparations started for it. That was the time my father started being little affectionate towards me and was happy, child inside me who have always yearned for her father's love and affection, I was elated and suddenly started looking forward to my upcoming marriage. I met the guy, he was just year old than me though he wasn't really happy with marriage as we were too young for it but slowly a bond of friendship started blooming between us, he was the first male figure in my life except Chotte who actually respected me and I realized I am falling for him."