Part 3

Drabble: Fragile Hearts

Part 3

_______________________________

Khushi: Yes! I was lying.

Arnav: Then tell me! What is it?

Khushi (gulping the lump in her throat): I was crying because from tonight I wouldn't have jiji beside me. From the time babu ji brought me home I have always stayed with jiji.

From tonight there'll no one to hold me when I feel scared, no one beside me whom I can hug when I get bad dreams in my sleep. Now jiji and me have to part ways, in sometime even I have to go somewhere else and we'll hardly meet. (she said thinking about Shyam,  she really needs to go away soon).

She looked at Arnav who brought his another hand to her waist also before pulling her in for a hug. She keeps her head on his chest gulping her sobs, whatever she told him was not a complete lie neither a complete truth.

But she has her own fears, however much she wants to confess whole truth to him but she can't take the risk of Arnav and family not believing on her. Not just because of Payal's marriage but because if they didn't believe her than she have to go away with her family leaving them alone with that snake. He is dangerous he can do anything to anyone in his madness and if knowing about him she left this family alone just to save herself from that leech she wouldn't be able to forgive herself ever in anything wrong happened to this family and especially her  "Arnav ji".

So she'll wait! Wait for the right time when she have enough proofs against Shyam to prove him wrong and show his real face to everyone.

--------------

After few minutes

Arnav: feeling better?

Khushi (nodding): Yes! She pulled back from the hug looking embarraased.
I am fine. We should leave now, just few hours are left for marriage and there's so much work left to do.

She turned back to go downstairs when she felt tug on her dupatta. She stopped instantly,  and looked back slowly,  very slowly to see Arnav holding her dupatta and looking at her.

Khushi: What happened Arnav ji? I am getting late.

Arnav: shhhhhh he came closer keeping his finger on her lips. Khushi looked down at him wide eyes than his finger on her lips.

Arnav: Ho gaya? Ab mai bolu kuch?  (if you're done, can I say something?)  looking at him nervously she nodded.

-----------

Holding her hand, his thumb caressed the back of her palm sending shivers to her every nerve.

Arnav: I came here looking for you only.

Khushi: Me? Why?

Arnav: Khushi I wanted to talk something with you, he looked down nervously making Khushi wonder and surprise that Arnav Singh Raizada could be nervous.

Arnav: Scratch that! I wanted to tell you something.

Khushi: Arnav ji! You're alright?

Arnav: "Yes! Please keep quiet for a while and let me speak." Khushi nodded.

Arnav: "Look Khushi I know our meeting and how we started was not good, in fact really bad. I know I have acted no less than a monster with you but I have my own reasons." Leaving her palm, he turned his back to her.

Arnav: Khushi after my parents death I have come to see the different face of this society which is very ugly,  everyone is just behind money. I got nothing but to see the selfishness behind every face,  own selfish motives behind the sweet smiles. I slowly turned into what this society thought me is necessary to live peacefully. And in this Money was the most important and Love was something just a word to get used for their needs when they want.

After I met you,  even knowing about your innocence my mind screamed at me to not believe on anything,  you could be another one trying to trap. My heart used to scream at me to believe you are not like others,  you're not fake, your innocence,  your nature is all true. And that was the result whatever I have done for you. Whenever I felt like not hurting you, my mind used to scream I am falling weak, and that ASR couldn't afford after many hurdles that small, innocent Arnav have become ASR and he couldn't loose it but than Arnav inside me wouldn't even let me see you hurt and I used to come whenever you were in problem. Your tears was becoming my weakness and that used to make me frustrated and used to say things to you which even I regretted later.

Khushi: Arnav ji! Why are you saying all this now? I have realised that you actually don't mean that things and therefore I have myself stopped to fight with you so much. I know you're not that bad how you want to show.

Arnav: Because whatever I am going to tell you today. I want you to know Khushi that it is you  because of whom this ASR becomes Arnav ever. It is because of whom I have started smiling, it's because of you these days i don't feel frustrated with crowd around me because you're in it. It's only because of you I don't want to live like that heartless man anymore. I want to smile Khushi,  I want to feel these emotions,  these little little happiness around me and I know only you can help me in that. Only you can be the partner with whom my life can be filled with smile,  happiness and...

Khushi: And?

Arnav(looking into her eyes): And Love.

Khushi (gasped): Arnav ji!

Walking closer to her,  Arnav again pulled her from waist and keeps his forehead on hers. Both looked into each other eyes taking their own fill before he confessed.

Arnav: "I Love You"

Khushi cupped his hand which was on her cheek with tears of happiness in her eyes.

Khushi: Arnav ji aap? (You) Humse? (Me)... She was stammering unable to believe he actually said that and unable to form a sentence she should be speaking.

Arnav: Yes. "I Love You ".
Khushi Kumari Gupta Bahut pyaar karta hu tumse (Kkg I love you so much)  don't know,  how?  Why? But I just know that "I have fallen in love with you.

Khushi looked at him like she have got her every happiness,  every dream come true,  like she have got her whole world and she just wanted to confirm it's not a dream.

To be continued..........

What do you think Khushi will answer?
Shyam's condition or Arnav's Love?