Part 38

Do watch the vm attached above in this post made by Zahin Arshi for these few parts of Fragile Hearts   

________________________________________________

"I think... I think.... I feel the child growing inside you isn't mine but Shyam's."

Ab doori hai itni aankhen meri nam,
Tujh bin rona aaye per aansu hai kam,
Ae khuda mohlat de de ke keh de hum,

Hummmmmmm.......
Hummmmmmm.......
Hummmmmmm.......
Hummmmmmm.......

Khushi stumbled back with the impact of his words, shock written all over her face. Arnav instantly held her before she accidently hurt herself and Khushi looked up at him with hope and stupid smile "I think hunger is taking over mind now, you were right I shouldn't skip my meals. I am hearing things now, can you repeat I think I misheard what you said." She asked with so much hope and belief like he will just say what he want and laugh at her that she is imagining things but the moment he looked away her heart started sinking "Please Arnav ji can you repeat what you said, I promise this time I'll hear carefully."

"There is nothing to hear it again, you heard it right first time only. I think the baby is not mine but S......." Arnav didn't get to complete his sentence this time as before he can complete he felt the pain in stinging pain on his cheek and his head turned in another direction. A sound of loud slap echoed in the room. Yes KHUSHI HAVE SLAPPED HIM.

Rona hai mujhko ab to rone do,
Khona hai sab kuch isko bhi khone do,
Ruk rahi hai ye saanse inhe rukne do,

Hummmmmmm........
Hummmmmmm.......
Hummmmmmm.......
Hummmmmmm.......

Khushi looked at him with so much fire in her eyes and instantly stepped back in disgust "How.... How can you... how can you even think like this? How can you think so cheap about me? Did you just called our unborn a bast**d?" Arnav looked at her once but looked away instantly but Khushi continued to look at him in disbelief "All these days I was trying to earn forgiveness, I was trying to make myself understand that indirectly I have hurt you and it will take sometime for you to understand why I did that and forgive me but out of all the reasons I never thought that I haven't only lost your trust but have stepped so low in your eyes that you can think so cheap about me."

haaaaaa aaaaa aaa
haaaaaa aaaaa aaa
haaaaaa aaaaa aaa

Thama jo hath kyu choota,
Kya tera saath hai jhootha,
Kya in saawalo ka jawaab doon,

Arnav raised his hand to console her, his own eyes teary but Khushi stepped back instantly "Don't! Don't touch me! You have just told how cheap you think about me now don't come near me and make me feel more cheap to myself. I would have taken any blame understanding that you're hurt because of me but you have raised finger on my motherhood Arnav ji and I can't accept it." Arnav opened his mouth to say something but stopped as he remembered why they're even having this argument.

So he stepped back and glared back at her "Are you done?" Khushi looked at him in disbelief, no expressions on his face "You yourself asked for this Khushi, I was quiet. I was quiet thinking about my family and reputation but you insisted to hear why I am am ignoring you, distancing myself from you and baby and now when I have told you, you started this emotional waterworks. Don't start this emotional drama because I can't trust you anymore after what happened. Your words won't change what I believe and I believe that the child isn't mine and I don't want to hear any more lies because trust me whatever you do I won't be able to trust you like before. I am just waiting for Di's delivery so I can disclose everything to her about it then you can leave with Shyam and your baby."

Done with whatever he wanted to say Arnav left from there and Khushi fell down still trying to digest what just transpired, her gaze still fixed on door in disbelief from where Arnav have just left. In a hope, that it's just a nightmare, result of her overthinking but as the minutes passed she realized that everything is true. Arnav have actually accused her, accused her for betraying him, cheating him and carrying someone else's child and she pulled her knees closer to her chest, hugging herself as she screamed in agony which was muffled by her knees and cried for her broken dreams.

Kahne ko sab hain poore,
Tere bin mere gam bhi adhure,
Hai baddua ki ab bhi Zinda hoon main....

Arnav was standing beside his car outside the house, breathing heavily, his head leaning on it. A storm was going on inside him, Khushi's painful expressions coming in front of him again and again, the disbelief on her face on hearing his words, the hope on her face that may be she have misheard him. It wasn't easy for him, he was avoiding this confrontation from the night Shyam have told him about his escapade with his wife. He didn't feel disgusted even then because he understood she must have made this sacrifice for family and him but this pregnancy changed everything. He can't accept everything with open arms happily.

Ab doori hai itni aankhen meri nam,
Tujh bin rona aaye per aansu hai kam,
Ae khuda mohlat de de ki kah de hum,

Khushi was sitting under the shower, cold water running over her. Though her body was shivering but she hardly care, suddenly everything is making her feel so cheap and dirty. She wasn't crying anymore but she was just sitting there as statue with red eyes. She didn't hear when the door of washroom opened and shower above her went off, she didn't realized when she was wrapped in towel and someone was speaking something to her with concern. She frowned when she felt herself shaking furiously and looked sideways to see who is it "You?"

_____________________________________

Somewhere else

In a dark room someone was laughing hard looking at his phone after hearing what person from the other side is saying. He swirled in his chair and a dim light fell on his face which was shining in evilness, he swiped his phone's screen and stopped at one particular photograph "See Khushi ji how many times I tried to make you understand that Arnav don't deserve you, you are so innocent and beautiful for a man like him but you didn't hear. Anyways just few days more then I'll take you away with me, I know you'll be hurt by now but I'll give you so much love that you'll forget that Arnav. He is such a fool, how easy it was to make him believe that the child you're carrying is mine."

Suddenly his expressions changed and his eyes turned red in anger "I know you love your child Khushi ji but I am sorry the child have to die. I can't bear my Khushi ji giving birth to someone else's child but I promise I'll soon fill the space with our baby. You'll give birth to only our baby once I take you away from here, just few more days Khushi ji, just few more days."

To be continued................