Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The Decision

Thank you rosette-louise for supporting The Discovered Wolf!!!

*****

I woke up to something squeezing my hand very hard, as in I could barely feel anything in my hand. I open my eyes, to see Lily holding my hand for dear life. Her face looked like she was in pain, her face covered in sweat.

I take the cloth beside her night table beside her bed and wipe off her face with one hand, while the other one was being held hostage. Soon as that's done, I start to whisper calming things to her. Her face starts to relax, as her eyes are moving rapidly under the eyelids.

Her grip on my hand tightens once again and is extremely painful. Out of no where she sits up looking around wildly and gasping for a breath, as a thin layer of sweat covers her face, again. Her eyes look around the room like a scared animal.

I take my hand out of her grip, and gently push on her shoulders to lay her down. She looks at my face and immediately calms down. She lays back down, and regulates her breath. I hand her the glass of water on the able. With shaky hands she takes the glass and takes a couple of sips. When she's don eshe hands me the glass. I take it and set it on the table again. She was about to speak when the door bursts open, and probably made a hole in the wall. What is it and making holes in the walls in this place?

"What did you do to her?" A middle aged lady walks in very upset, as she practicality screamed at me.

I stand up to address her, not liking were this was going. "Who me? I did nothing, I was just waiting for Lily to wake up." I felt a sharp pain across my face, and my head whip to the side. "I do not want to hear your lies you filthy whoring bitch!" She slapped me. She. Freaking. Slapped. Me. Me! She didn't just slap me, she bitch slapped me! What the hell did I do to her?

She realized that Lily was up, and her face softens. "Oh Lily honey, I didn't realize you were up, I'm so sorry. I was just talking to this person." She said in the softest, and kindest voice I have ever heard.

I take a step closer so I'm right in her face, now I was feed up.

"Now ladies why don't we take this outside?" Merick said as he was walking closer to us, trying to diffuse the situation. But I was going to finish this here and now.

"Now look, I understand that you're upset. But taking it out on ME is not the right answer. I wasn't the one who planned the accident. But I was the one who pulled Lily out of the car, and dragged her away. If it wasn't for me, she would be dead right now, not waking up. So I think that it would be best for you to leave and not come back, until you're calm and have a clear head." I told her in a calm voice with a rock hard tone, I gave her a pointed look.

Is it just me or is it stuffy in here?

The lady glanced at Lily. But I'm guessing Lily backed me up, because she stormed out looking pissed.

"Well, wasn't that exciting!" I say with sarcasm dripping from my voice.

"How did you do that Sky?" Merick asks me halfway into the room.

"Do what exactly?" I ask him back as I take a seat in the chair again. I really do have no idea as to what he's talking about.

"That voice. Only a Luna can do that voice and get the right results, but you were able to do the voice, and make Lily's mother leave." Merick explained to me.

I gave him a confused look, as he remembers that I found out about wolves like a day ago.

"A Lune is the Alphas mate, and the Lune to the pack. She's like a mother, you can go to her for advice or just to talk. And she will be there for you. She usually keeps everything and everyone calm, and all of them can do this voice. But its not really needed, because you usually do what the Luna asks. Now if you were an Alphas mate that hasn't became an Alpha yet, then you could do the voice but it wouldn't work as well. You would get mixed results, but you didn't. Now the only other reason that I can think of, as to why you can do the voice. Is that you are the lost daughter of the Texas pack.... but that is highly unlikely." Merick explained to me. What he said was really helpful, but it also just lead to more questions.

"Okay, so help me out here. What's this about the Texas pack? I'm Canadian. And Ash isn't going to become an Alpha? Is he? And Clark can do the voice to. And I just have a vibe on me that says 'Do as I ask or you'll be sorry'. So its not unusual for people to do as I say." I explain to Merick.

"The daughter of the Texas pack, was taken during a war that was going on between two packs, but the pack going against the Texas pack brought in rouges. I believe at the time she was three years old. She was kidnapped, and was never seen again. There have been searches for her... but all lead to failure. And because I am the Alpha of the Rockie pack. And I am aware that Clark can do the voice, as for the vibe I don't think you have it." Merick explained to me once again, with a amused undertone to his voice.

"Oh, I have that vibe, you just haven't seen that side of me yet." I tell him.

Lily clears her throat and we look back to her. "Look, Sky, I'm so sorry for my mother. She's very protective of me, and your face! God, I'm so sorry!"

"No Lily, its not your fault. Your mother was just worried about you, that's all." I clarify for her.

She nods her head but doesn't look convinced.

We talk for a little bit after the doctors check her out. Sheldon comes by soon after, looking good as new. But he leaves after three minutes, saying that Lily needs to rest.

Someone walks in, I turned my head to see who it was. A smile broke out on my face when I see Ash. He smiled back.

He stopped dead in his tracks, you could almost see smoke coming out of his ears. He looked ready to kill.

"Ash, whats the matter?" I ask him with some concern in my voice.

Silence was his answer.

"Ash please tell me whats wrong!" I pleaded with him.

"Umm, Sky, maybe you want to look in the mirror." Lily told me, looking scared. Her eyes dart between me and Ash.

I was very confused at this point, but did as Lily asked. I walk into her small bathroom across her room and look into the mirror. I gasped in shock. My entire left cheek was purple, black, and blue. It didn't hurt as bad as it looked though, so that's good at least. It was also swollen.

I walk out and tell Lily I'll see her later, I grab Ash's arm and pull him into the hall. Once outside Lily's room, I pull him into a fierce hug going with what my gut was telling me to do. He seems surprised by my actions but gets over it, for he hugs me right back just as hard.

"Look before you say anything, I would just like to say that Lily's mom is scary, and has a mean slap." I said into his shoulder.

He laughs a little at that. "Oh I know, she was here earlier and I avoid her like the plague. She is a tyrant, how Lily puts up with her is a mystery."

We stay like that for a while not wanting to let go. My head on his shoulder his head on mine. It seems like it could have been hours, or days, but I don't care.

"Wow, bravo Sky. I believe that's your first hug from a guy that's not a friend." Clarks say from some where behind me.

We pull apart, and I glare into Clarks bright green eyes. But she just returns the favor. We hug each other with a death grip. When we pull back, she smiles. "I have a surprise for you." She sang to me. "Okay?" I said cautiously.

We walk toward's my room, in silence. When we're outside the room Clark smiles at me then opens the door.

There sitting on my bed is my mom who is very sad, mad, and scared looking. She looks up and smiles as tears run down her face. She gets off the bed and runs to me, she pulls me into a desperate hug.

"Don't worry Sky you won't be here much longer, soon you'll be back home where you belong." My mom whispered in my ear.

And just like that my world is falling down, just when I had build it up again.

******

What do you think her decision will be???

Vote!!! Comment!!! Read!!!

Pakrat out!