Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Spared

Thank you Nataha_Rosee for supporting The Wolf Discovered!!!

******

I wake up as we are pulling into a gas station with a fast food joint next to it. The whole thing was surrounded by a forest, it almost looked like a little dip. Just enough room for the buildings and the parking lot.

"Damn it! That's not fair!" Matthew exclaims.

"Hey you made a bet with me, so now you need to own up to it. Hand over the cash." Demanded Clark.

"Hm let me guess, Sheldon was pulling into a gas station soon, he said to wake me. But Clark said that I would wake up on my own, now I'm guessing Matthew, you didn't believe her, so you made a bet. And now you lost." I guessed.

I noticed there was a few giggles coming from Lily, Zoe, and even Sheldon. As the car came to a stop I yanked open my door and hopped out, leaving it opened for the others. We all stretched our legs, even Sheldon. As we entered the fast food place I headed to the bathroom, Lily followed along with Clark. As the three of us entered the bathroom, we saw that there was only two stalls. Lily made a mad dash for one of them, leaving me and Clark.

We both ran for the second stall, only to realize that the door was locked and someone was in there already.

"This stall is taken," said a sweet elderly voice.

"Oh sorry," We said at the same time.

Well shit, now when the old lady comes out she'll think we're teenage thugs. Great. And I think I heard a few giggles coming from Lily's stall. Oh, sure laugh it up, just because it not happening to you, doesn't mean you can laugh! Rude ass person.

When the old lady came out of the stall she looked at us, but we were not excepting what was coming out of her mouth. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry for talking so long girls, this one of the only bathrooms for a while on this road. And to hold up young ladies when they're on their periods, especially if they're heavy and you're cramping. I only feel bad for you, and guilty." Ranted the old lady.

"Oh no its fine. No need to feel guilty." I told her, trying not to add karma to my plate, and burst out laughing at the same time. A hard job I know.

The old lady nods her head, washes her hands then leaves as Lily comes out of the stall. As soon as the door closes we all burst out laughing, by the end of it we were all close to tears. We stay in there long after me and Clark are done, we just couldn't walk out of the bathroom drunk like, and the way we were laughing. It would take a while. Especially Clarks interpretation of the whole thing, hunched back, old voice, faking wobbling, squinted eyes, and pretending not to hear anything.

Zoe comes into the bathroom during one of Clarks little scene. Me and Lily are laughing so hard, but she gives us the 'oh god what have I just witnessed' look. Which than causes us to laugh about the stupidity of Clark. So after a minute or so Lily explains, and by the end of it Zoe is laughing too. We all leave the small bathroom not being able to walk in a straight line, and grinning like idiots, and giggling like drunks, the guys give us 'the hell' look. Doesn't help.

After that was over with, we all ordered. I had the chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce, and chili cheese fries with a large ice tea no ice. Ymm and ya know, it's a lot of work sleeping in a car all day. Cut me some slack! After the last order was filled, we all headed outside to enjoy the October air and have room for our legs.

I grab my food and sat over by the forests edge, listening to the forest sounds. I was sitting towards the back of the building. I saw a german shepherd puppy looking for food by the dumpster. I watch as the puppy sniffed and looked around. Careful I get up and made my way over to the puppy. I made kissy noise's, while holding out a piece of chicken towards the puppy. The puppy turns its head, and looked at me with caution. I sat down about a meter from the puppy, still holding the piece of chicken towards it.