Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Lily

Thank you ChristineBarrett for supporting The Discovered Wolf!!!

*****

I wake up to an empty room. Hmm should I stay here and be a good little girl that we all know I'm not. Or should I do what I was made for? Cause havoc and mischief.

I think the answer was pretty clear. I mean, I only really had one choice.

I got up out of bed, and this time I could actually stand. Wow! What an improvement! I walk slowly out of my room, as I take each step my legs start to feel normal again. I guess not using the for a few days can do that to them. I put y hand on the cold metal door handle. I twist the nob and the door opens. I walk out of the room and into the hall. I use the wall as a support sine my legs still don't feel totally stable. A smile appears on my face, an unknown land was waiting to be discovered.

The hallway was fairly wide, with lots of doors. There were chairs and tables scattered throughout the hall. On each of the doors, was a bin, screwed into the door, it held papers and other things. As I got closer I noticed that the first piece of paper had names written on them, which I think were the people who were in the rooms.

This particular paper had a certain name on it. Clarkson Perterson. Well, now this is a turn of events. I decided to go into Clarks room, just to make sure she's okay. And other stuff. Like maybe to get my partner in crime.

I open the door, I was shocked into silence at the scene before me. There on the bed was no doubt Clark, but who she was heavily making outwith, was the one and only Merick.

I did the only thing I could rationally think of. "PDA!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

Clark and Merick immediately break apart, to see who had interrupted their moment. Before they could say anything, or even take in what had happened. I run out and into the hall. I heard commotion behind me, but didn't look back. I was scanning the names on the doors, only to have one stand out at me, Lily. I stop outside her door, and enter her room.

Inside her room was a very pale, very still looking Lily. Her vibrant blond hair looks faded, her freckles looked like dirt on her pale face. I quietly walked over, not wanting to disrupt the peace that had settled over the room. I ever so gently sat down on her bed.

I gently took her very fragile hand and held onto it. It looks if I held on to tightly, it would snap in half. I could hear people talking behind me, but ignore them. All my focus was on Lily. If it was Clark seeing this, then she would understand, and tell the others to shut the hell up and leave me alone.

"I'm so sorry Lily. So sorry. Its all my fault, if I hadn't been more careful, or more gentle, then maybe you wouldn't be here, like this." I tell her still body, the only thing moving from her, was her chest expanding with every breath in, and getting small with every breath out. "I should be here, it should be me. I was the one who was the closest to the blast, I'm the reason you're in here. Please Lily, please if you can hear me squeeze my hand." I told her as silent tears feel down my face.

I was about to give up, that she wasn't in there. That she's gone, when ever so faintly I felt a squeeze. I took my other hand and encased her little hand in mine.

Hope fills up by body. "I won't leave. Promise."

~.~.~.~

Lily's point of view

It was black, forever an endless black, nothingness. Sometimes I would dream up memories, that mean something to me. I had a lot of time to think in this bleakness.

Sometimes I would hear the voices of actual living people. They would ask me to do something little. Like squeeze their hand, wiggle my toes or fingers. A lot of the time it was hard, but sometimes I managed. Key word hear is sometimes, it takes a lot out of me.

All of the voices sounded the same. All but one. And that voice belongs to Sky. I was going deeper and deeper into the darkness each day. But today when I heard Sky's voice, it brought me back to the lighter, or brighter darkness. If that even make's any sense.

She was going on and on about how it was her fault, and how sorry she was, and she should be like this and not me. But at the very end of her rant, she asked me to squeeze her hand. I tried to focus on it, I really did. And after what felt like hours, I was able to make my hand squeeze Sky's.

I could tell she was really happy. But that little movement made me so tried, and so drained, I let my mind float, and the memories invade me.

*****

What do you think will happen to Lily???

Vote!!! Comment!!! Read!!!

Pakrat out!!!