Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Packing

Thank you 87lisa for supporting The Discovered Wolf!!!

******

When I wake up Monday moring, forgetting the fact that I cleaned my room, so now everything has its place, for the most part. I jumped awake thinking that I was kidnapped. Once my heart calmed down, and I realized that I was still in my room, I relaxed. When I was calm again, I realized how tired I was. When I was done cleaning my room yesterday, I started sorting out what I'm going to take. My list is ready, a I have to do is actually pack the things I wrote down.

I groan and fall back in bed. I so did not want to get up, but atlas I did. I head to the bathroom to get cleaned up. Once I look presentable, I walk into my bedroom, and changed out of my pajamas and into jeans and a t-shirt. After I was dressed I made my way downstairs to make breakfast. An egg sandwich with cheese. I turn on the little TV in the corner to the news channel. Just in case I needed to change. As I was making my breakfast, I heard something that caught my attention.

"The latest victim is a 40 year old male, his name was Bryan Sounders. His body was found by his car, the police say that it was a wolf that killed him. And are warning everyone to stay inside at night, and not to be alone when outside. My name..."

I can't believe that a wolf killed someone, and in public too. There was something off about that report, and it was bugging me. I shake the feeling off, and get back to making breakfast. The rest of the morning past in a blur. The first thing I did when I got to school was hand in my folder, along with Clark, Chole, and Aven. Phoenix wasn't here yet, and wouldn't be til about ten minutes before the bell rings. The best thing about getting driving, was that you could get to school early. You also beat the mad rush to the locker and to classrooms. We all went to our corner of the lounge area, and started to talk about random things. Until a certain subject came up in the conversation.

"Did you hear about that poor guy from the news." Chole asked, her dark brown eyes wide with curiosity. 

"Ya, its terrible, his family must be devastated." I replied.

"Wait what guy from the news?" Aven asks confused. Her long hair was down and she has black eyeliner out lining her ice blue eyes along with mascara. She was wearing skinny jeans and a crop top with a cardigan.

"Ya what are you talking about?" Clark demanded.

"There was this guy that got attacked by a wolf." I tell them.

"Really?" Aven asked horrified.

"Now way, your shitting us." Clark told us.

Clark looked the story up and we watched the news video, and read the story. He was walking to his car, then was attacked. On the surveillance camera, it just looks like a blur. Then when it stops, you can see its a wolf, or a large dog, but the news people say that only a wolf could do that much damage.

"Something doesn't seem right about that though. Why would a wolf attack so close to humans?" Aven remarked.

"I know, I was thinking that same thing this morning when I first heard it. Unless the wolf was provoked, it wouldn't have attacked. So why did it? And how did it get here?" I said out loud for the world to hear, so maybe I'd get an answer. But I didn't. That right there is like my life, lot's of questions but no answers.

Phoenix showed up a couple minutes later. We talked about random things again. Mostly about the school, or the forms. The be rang telling us to get our ass's to class.

We headed off to first class. Me and Aven are in the same English class together. Our high school is on a two day rotation, so one day we had one schedule, the next the other. As we headed to out seat, the second bell rang. Soon after that, the morning announcements began. It's the same old thing, way to go vollyball team, remember to sign up for yearbook committee, blah, blah, blah. Til the principal came on and said something about an assembly right after announcements. Then the anthem played.

"Alright class talk among yourselves til we get called down." Ms. Dotty told us.

Me and Aven talked about things, random and stupid things, but still important. If your a girl, everything you talk about is important.

"Could all grade elevens please start your way down to the gym now." Said a random teacher that I have either met and have forgotten, or just don't know. Both are possible. Me and Aven leave our stuff in the classroom, and make our way down to the gym. The teachers told us to stay in our classes, but that never happens. Me and Aven found the rest of the group and sat down in empty seats.

"Ten bucks say its about the dude that got killed by that wolf." Josh said to Phoenix, over his shoulder.

"Dude you're so on." Phoenix replied while leaning back.

Boy's.

"We would like to tell you students some things. This school is about to be less crowded for the next two months. A lot of the students have been picked to attend a private school, but some of them will be back." Principal Black told us.

Josh swears loudly, gaining the attention of the people around us. Phoenix just laughed.

Black went on and on about that for a while. Then he got to the subject everyone's talking about. "Now I'm sure you've heard by now about the man that was killed by a wolf. And because of that we have some nice police officers here, to talk about some precautions you could take while out at night." Black ended his little speech.

Now it was time for Phoenix to swear loudly. "Haha man, now pay up." Oh Josh, always cocky.

I just had to butt in on this little bet, before someone got hurt, and I like being a smart ass. It fills me with joy!

"Now actually because Black talked about both subjects, you both technically win and lose." I say with my head slightly turned, to look both of them in the eyes.

"... We are setting up a curfew." Was the first thing I heard out of the police mans mouth, that I payed attention to.

"That's not fair! We don't deserve this man." Random student shouted.

"Why can't you just kill the damn wolf, so we can live our lives!" Random student number two, I think this was a guy. Not sure. Their were other shouts that weren't so nice, and were full of swears.

"Now we understand that you may be upset, but this is just to keep you safe." Woman police officer said. They went on and on from there, I stopped listening after the curfew thing.

Eventually told us to get out, and we went back to first class. No one did work, there was only fifteen minutes left anyway. When the bell rang we went our separate way. The rest of the school day passed in a blur. My mood was down, and I didn't even know why. Not even art class could cheer me up after a day like that. And I love art class. An entire block to do nothing but draw and paint, like come one who wouldn't love that!

When I got home I had a snack, then went back to packing. I was almost done, just the clothes are left really. I was bringing all my books. I don't care, I need my baby's. I'm also bringing a stuffed wolf, my Mom and Dad got me when I was a little kid.

Dad. God I missed him. He always had the best advice, and I could talk to him about anything. tears start to fall down my face. No. I have to be strong. I have to be strong for Mom, if I break out crying she'll cry then lock herself into her room and cry quietly. Then come out and pretend like nothing happened. And be depressed for a week after. It's to soon after the incident, the feelings and memory's are to fresh. I can't cry, not now. Later I'll deal with my feelings, just not now.

I hold my the neckless that my parents gave me when I was six, two years after I came to this family. The neckless is in a circle like shape, and is somewhat flat. It fits in the palm of my had perfectly. In the middle of the crystal was a black imprint of a wolfs paw print. I always wear this neckless no matter what. I've had to replace the chain a couple of times, since its like a fabric leather type thing. The only time I don't wear it is in the shower.

By the end of the week, the police have set a curfew for everyone. One week down, one to go. Then I'm off to the Acedemy.

******

Vote!!! Comment!!! Read!!!

Pakrat out!!!