42. Forever hold your peace

Not edited!

__________________________________________________

Chapter forty two. Forever hold your peace

The smell of caffeine hit my nostrils and I breathed in, trying to find out where the smell was coming from, with my nose if that was even possible. I probably looked like a half asleep dog sniffing his way to find a delicious bone, but except I was trying to find where the source of the coffee smell was coming from.

My eyes fluttered open, and I remembered what day it was.

It was the day of my wedding, the day I was finally getting married to the man of my dreams.

"Good you're up," A calm voice said, I looked around trying to get my bearings and realised that I was in Leo's room, in his parent's house. Lia practically forced me to stay at her place claiming that it was bad luck if Leo saw me before the wedding. So yesterday I drove to Leo's parents' house just to make Lia happy and she was. It was weird not having Leo with me, but it wasn't too weird since I was really close with Lia and she was practically my sister anyway... my big sister now that was definitely going to take some time to get used to.

"Leo told me, caffeine is the best way to get you up, and it worked you really are addicted to tea and coffee," Lia chuckled. I was still staring at her, half asleep but the idea of having coffee right now was just what I needed. It was rare that coffee was actually brought up to me, when I was still in bed. Back at home, Leo wouldn't even bother, it was me who would have to bring the coffee to him but what could I say; my husband to be was extremely lazy and obviously he didn't care that I needed caffeine in my system as soon as possible in the mornings.

"Yeah, I am," I smiled, before a yawn left my lips. I sat up in bed and Lia passed the mug of coffee to me. I watched as she walked over to the window and opened all the curtains, letting the dreadful and horrid light of day shine through the glass windows.

"Hey Lia stop it!" I groaned as nicely as I could, shielding my eyes from the bright light. Lia didn't know that I wasn't a morning person so I couldn't be mean to her for something she didn't know about.

"Ooh sorry Leah but you need to get out of bed," Lia said as she sat down on the corner of the double bed, I noticed that she was still in her pyjamas which consisted of a black tank top and grey pyjama shorts. She was wearing pretty much the same thing as me, except my tank top was purple. Lia's hair was wrapped in a white towel, which inferred that she had, had a shower and was ready to get ready.

Leo's room was pretty plain, it was more like a guest room than a personal bedroom, the walls were a neutral colour and so was the floor. Only a double bed, a wardrobe and a bedside table was placed in the room but a lot seemed to be missing. Maybe after he moved out, his parents then redecorated everything and gave him all his belongings, I really didn't know but I made a mental note to bring it up in a conversation or just ask him whenever I got a chance.

I blew gently on the hot liquid and took a long sip, allowing my taste buds to ravish the great taste of coffee.

"Leah you do know what the day is today right?" My sister in law asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, of course I'm getting married today... oh..."

"I'm getting married today... I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY!" I shrieked loudly, nearly spilling my mug all over the bed. I placed it on the bedside table, and jumped out of bed.

"Oh my gosh what time is it?!" I nearly yelled, as I paced up and down the room. The wedding ceremony was at one in the afternoon so whatever time it was now; I only had limited time to get ready.