34. Suburban Housewife

Chapter thirty four. Suburban Housewife

"I honestly can't believe you made me iron your shirt," I moaned at Leo, loudly even though I was still half asleep.

"Babe, I told you I've got a meeting today," Leo reminded me for the hundredth time, I just about heard him since he wasn't in the same room as me. He was somewhere running around the hallway looking for his briefcase, his phone, and his keys and... Cigarettes.

Yes he was gonna have a hard time finding those since I had hidden them all around the house and I had even thrown a couple of packs in the bin.

Leo hadn't been to work for over a week, he had stayed home with me just cuddling, watching movies, talking anything really, and it was literally like we were on holiday but just in our own home. I knew Leo was needed badly for the dangerous business so I had no choice but to let him go.

We had gotten to know each other a lot and it surprised me how much Leo and I had in common, he was quirky and very funny, when he wanted to be.

"You made me get up at bloody six in the morning!" I yelled at him, going over a crease in his white Ralph Lauren shirt.

"Actually it was eight in the morning and I'm running late!" He corrected me as he entered the room I was in, which was just one of the many bedrooms in the house and also where Leo kept his ironing board. Honestly he owned an iron but yet he didn't know how to use the damn thing.

"I can't believe you don't know how to iron, and did you bring me coffee or tea?" I asked looking up at him. I froze instantly as he just stood in the doorway wearing nothing but black dress pants, his Armani shoes, and a black tie hanging loosely on his neck. The thing that caught me the most was the fact that he didn't have a shirt on... oh yeah Leah you're ironing it!

I stared at his chest and trailed down to his six pack and stared at the tattoo that was right by it. It wasn't like I hadn't seen Leo shirtless before, but every time he had no shirt on, and I always stared at him. How did one man look so... Beautiful? There wasn't a good enough word to describe Leo when he was shirtless other than sexy and hot.

"Leah, sweetheart you're burning my shirt," Leo's voice brought me back to reality.

"Oh sh*t!" I cursed as I took the iron off of the shirt and thankfully it hadn't burnt.

"What were you staring at?" Leo asked as he walked up to me and dumped his briefcase on the double bed.

"Nothing," I answered as I grabbed his shirt and turned away from him.

"You were staring at something, mind telling me what it was?" his cocky voice echoed in the room. I didn't answer him but except I chucked his shirt to him and exited the room, desperately needing caffeine in my system.

I walked down the stairs, my bare feet padding against the wooden floors. Shivering I wrapped my arms around my chest, was the heating even on. I was so desperate to crawl back into my bed and drift back off into a peaceful bliss but I couldn't because once I was awake it was almost impossible for me to go back to sleep. I would never understand how Leo could wake up so early, let alone having the cheek to wake me up.

The cool air attacked my bare legs and I regretted not wearing warmer pyjamas, but I was just so used to sleeping in T-shirts and cotton shorts for pyjamas they were much more comfortable, and if I did get cold during the night Leo was there to cuddle up to and he would always keep me warm. Leo was like a cuddly teddy bear, so warm and cuddly, and slightly irritating. If I didn't need his warmth he still held me and when I would wake up I would be all sweaty and disgusting, which was just totally gross.