36. Meddling fathers

UNEDITED AND NOT PROOFREAD!

Enjoy! x

______________________

Chapter thirty six. Meddling Fathers

I sighed deeply as I helped Leo with his tie. It was now Monday and only two days had passed since I had met Leo's family but I couldn't help but feel so guilty and just so disheartened. I couldn't get over the fact that Leo had chosen me over his family. It just seemed so unreal, he had insulted his father and left the household, how he managed to do that I will never know.

Leo was having a bit of a problem doing his tie himself, so I offered to help since I was the loving and caring girlfriend. He didn't say anything when I slipped out of the warmness of our bed to help him with the black cotton tie. He never used to wear suits and ties before we officially got together and I was starting to wonder what the reason for the ties and suits was.

My hands trembled as I pulled the tie to tighten up. I hadn't talked to Leo much in two days, though we were still close we hadn't talked verbally to each other. The affection was still there, but I was just so sure that he was angry as well. Well he had every right to be angry, he made a stupid mistake by picking me over his family, he had chosen me over his younger sister, his older brother, his mother and his father. I wasn't anything compared to his family which didn't make any sense to why he picked me over them. Surely, he didn't love me that much, did he?

"I'll try and get home early, tonight," Leo said as I placed my hands back at my sides.

"Okay," I mumbled under my breath, I walked away from Leo and sat down at on the edge of the bed; I stared at the plush white carpet and closed my eyes. I hadn't had a really good night sleep at all either; while Leo slept I was wide away. While he snored, my eyes were wide open and all I could do was just think, think about why everything wasn't exactly going the way I wanted; think about why Leo had chosen me over his family. I was extremely tired, and I planned to go back to sleep as soon as Leo left since it was eight in the morning. Unlike him, someone else in the house didn't have to go anywhere, guess who that is?

Yep me.

I didn't have anything to do when Leo was gone, there was nothing at all except just watch movies, cook, or just go out but where was the fun in going out by yourself and doing nothing but shopping. Even though Leo had brought me a brand new car, it didn't help the fact that I still had nothing to do with my boring life, it didn't help the fact that I had no friends anymore.

I hadn't realised how much I had given up for Leo, but for some reason it just all felt so worth it. It was like I had no one else in the world apart from Leo, so that made me wonder was that the reason that he chose me over his family, because he knew I had no one else apart from him?

Assuming the worst was all I did, and making false accusations on Leo, was never going to get me anywhere at all.

"I love you," I heard Leo faintly murmur before he left the room and walked down the stairs. I listened to his heavy footsteps and then heard the door open and slam shut.

Lia, Leo's sister, was right. Leo and I were practically married, I lived with the guy, I was in a relationship with him, and I helped him with his ties, with the ironing. Weren't all those things, something that a wife does? I didn't feel like a wife to Leo, I just felt normal. Well then again, what was normal exactly?

I slipped back into bed and got comfy, without Leo being here the bed was just cold and it wasn't inviting at all. Somehow when he was around he always made everything seem better if that was possible, he always made me feel complete and safe but since we weren't talking that much I wasn't so sure what safe was anymore.