18~Family

Alec had been working at the garage for roughly 4 months now, leaving Lydia in her 7 month of pregnancy with only 2 months to go. They'd got things such as cribs, rocking chairs, bottles and nappies, a pram for 2, and plenty of clothes.

But somehow it wasn't enough, given why they were at the mall on Saturday morning at 11am.

"Lydia, I think we've got plenty of clothes" Alec stated as the girl threw more vests into the basket. He received a death glare for that comment, so he decided to shut up as he preferred to live.

She threw a few more clothes into the basket everytime they walked into a new isle. Until she stopped suddenly in the middle of the isle, picking up something from the side.

"Alec, we need them" she turned around with pink and blue booties with a Nike tick on the side "Look who's stopped complaining" she had a smug grin on her face when Alec took them from her as threw them in the basket. He ended up spending a total of £89.60 on that day.

They called it quits after that, deciding to go home. Lydia had been living in the Lightwood household the past few months after she got kicked out by her parents, who said she was too young to be a mother.

"Was there some sort of party I wasn't informed of?" Alec questioned when he saw all his friends in the living room.

"Nah, just having a movie day" Jace told him, returning back to the movie.

"I'll be back down in a second" Alec said as he went upstairs with all the bags.

"Let me help" she followed him up the stairs taking a couple bags off him in the process "She's definitely going to be" Izzy stated as she lifted up a vest that said 'Daddy's Little Girl'.

"I bet you've got one hidden away that has something to do with being the fave auntie" Alec said not putting it past her to do so.

"Well I am gonna be" she stated like it was obvious.

"Yeah...they're gonna love you" Alec said quietly looking down at the blue booties.

"What's wrong?" Izzy inquired, knowing he was hiding something.

"I'm scared" he whispered, like he was afraid to even admit to it.

"All parents get scared, but you'll be fine" she gave him a reassuring smile to convey how certain she was.

"But...I've heard how sometimes there's no connection, what if they don't connect with me" he worried.

"They are going to love you, why wouldn't they" she told him with a smile "And I'll be by your side whenever you need me, and so will everyone else...you're not alone in this"

"Thank you" he pulled her in for a hug, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

After about 20 minutes of sorting the clothes into piles they joined the rest downstairs, they were all talking since the movie had finished Alec assumed.

"Baby names?" Clary turned to face Lydia with a curious look.

"I mean there's-"

"We're not calling him Alec Jr" Lydia said for what feels like the 100th time.

"That's not what I was gonna say" he looked at her to which she gave a kinda surprised look as it's the first time she's hearing about this "Matthew, or we can call him Matt for short"

"I actually like it" Lydia admitted, not expecting Alec to come up with a decent name "Matthew Alexander Lightwood"

"Only Lightwood?" Jace questioned.

"Branwell-Lightwood will be too scarring for the poor kids" was Lydia's reply.

"You got you're name in there at least" Magnus whispered in his ear, it wasn't too difficult seeing as Alec was sat on his lap with a arm resting behind the sofa.

"You'll have Lightwood in years to come too" Alec breath was hot against his neck making him flush, Magnus shook his head with a cough as he zoned back into the conversation.

"What about Tess?" he heard his sister suggest, to which was denied. Along with the other suggestion, such as; Lilly, Deliliah, Rose.

"Emma" Simon threw out as he stuffed his mouth with a chip.

"It's perfect" Lydia's hormones got the best of her and she started crying again, Izzy rubbed circles onto her back like it was now a normal routine.

"I think Emma's the winner" Magnus said, seeing the obvious adoration on Lydia's face.

"Emma Rose" Lydia chocked out, then stopped crying suddenly like it never even happened in the first place.

Matthew Alexander Lightwood
Emma Rose Lightwood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There you go, what do you think of their names do you like them? Hope you do, and I hope you're all enjoying the story so far. Leave comments if you would like
me to add anything to the story. Xx

Re-edited: August 26, 2020