8~The test

Simon stood there awkwardly, unsure whether to stay or head back to the busy cafeteria. He took option two when he could no longer watch the two boys just standing there, staring at one another.

He should have known that going back in there was a bad idea, because the  second he sat down questions were being thrown at him from all corners of the table.

"Guys shut up" Simon exhaled, taking a breather before carrying on "I don't know what's happening, they wouldn't tell me"

"We were just asking, no need to get all pissy about it" Jace held his arms up all defensively.

He shook his head and continued to ignore them, when Raphael took hold of his hand and gave him a sweet smile. "You okay?" he asked, brushing circles onto the back of Simon's hand with his thumb.

"You know I hate being the centre of attention" Simon joked, brushing it all off like it was nothing.

"So...who's up for a bit of fun tonight?" Jace clapped his hands together, that all too familiar mischievous glint in his eye.

"Count me in" Alec's voice sounded from behind them, pretending like nothing had happened.

"Sure, why not" Simon joined in, trying to take the attention off the two boys who had just walked back up...together.

"Yes, guys night!" Jace won't admit how excited he got saying that.

"I don't know, last time we had a guys night we lost one of the guys" Magnus chimed in, sitting down in his seat.

"What happened to the guy?" Raphael asked, concerned for what they got themselves involved in.

"He couldn't keep up with the rules of the test" Have stated simply, earning a scoff in return off Izzy, she knew all about that stupid initiation.

"You know...maybe Raphael and I could stay home tonight, why don't you three go have some fun" Simon suggested, not really planning on losing his boyfriend for whatever reason tonight.

"Yeah, we haven't had any time alone for a very long time" Raphael nodded his head as he said that.

"Don't start lying, you spent the entire summer holidays in Spain together" Clary scoffed, amused by the situation the two boys got themselves into, not wanting them to miss out.

"I would never be allowed to go abroad with a boy" Izzy sighed, jealous of how they got spend their time off together.

"Technically, we went to visit Raphael's parents, so we didn't get much alone time" Simon stated, even though they spent long hours just them, alone in their room...did I say alone.

"And now I live with Magnus and Lana so there isn't much privacy" Raphael added on, trying to get away with not going as much as Simon.

"I don't care, we are hanging out tonight, end of discussion" and fortunately for Jace, the bell rang, meaning it actually was the end of the discussion.
<~>~<~>
Jace should have known to keep the conversation going until he got a proper confirmation out of the two boys.

"Where are they?" the three boys were currently standing outside the club just after 10:00pm, waiting on Simon and Raphael who didn't show up.

"They might have been serious about staying in" Alec stated, leaning against the wall, growing impatient.

"Probably deep inside one another as we speak" Jace groaned in response when Magnus muttered that.

"Forget it, let's just go" Jace didn't waste any more time, walking up to the front to show his fake ID to the security, allowed straight in.