15~Outside World

"What am I gonna do?" Alec mumbled into his pillow, as his sister watched him from the doorway.

"You need to shape up, you're gonna be a dad Alec" he only groaned at that "And as much as you didn't plan for it you cannot change it, so get up and go for a walk" she crossed the room to try drag him out of his bed.

"What for?" Alec turned around to face his sister.

"To clear your mind, to get your thoughts in order...cause a few months from now a little human being will be counting on you for the rest of its life"

"I'm gonna be a dad, Izzy" Alec brought his legs up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them tightly.

Izzy was gonna throw him one of her sarcastic jokes, but one look at the boy she knew it probably wasn't best.

"It's gonna be okay" she reassured him, pulling him into her side for a hug.

"How do you know?" he looked at her full of concern.

"Because I'm here" she told him.

"You hate babies" he pointed out, it's not that she hates them, it's that she doesn't know what to do when she's alone with one.

"I'm trying to be sweet" Izzy stood up, throwing Alec's shoes at him "Go for a stupid run" she said before walking out.

So that's what he did, running always got his mind off things, no matter how big the matter was. He lived the feeling of the wind passing him, the sound of the leaves crunching beneath his feet, the birds chirping as he ran past.

He gave up running about 2 months ago, the exact amount of time he hasn't heard from Magnus, not a single reply to the list of texts he's sent. He began running faster as memories filled up in his mind, he believed if he ran faster the memories would just vanish for the time being.

Until he crashed into someone, causing him to stop and fall to the ground. He held the back of his head with a groan having obviously hit it pretty hard on the ground.

"Are you okay?" his voice echoed, okay he must have hit his head pretty hard to be hearing his voice.

"Yeah" he stood up carefully, dusting off all the mud that stuck to him.

"Alec" the person said disappointingly when he caught a look at Alec's face. He took his hood off that was previously covering his eyes to see Magnus was standing in front of him.

"Oh um...hi" that was all Magnus needed to hear before he was turning away "Wait Magnus, where are you going?".

"I can't" Magnus said, not ready to face Alec yet.

"Can we just talk, please" Alec begged, he doesn't think he can watch Magnus walk away from him again.

"I was so angry" Magnus admitted, not looking at Alec, favouring to look at the trees in the distance.

"I didn't know how to tell you" regretting the words as soon as he said them, he feared they sounded accusing, like he was blaming Magnus for not being approachable enough.

Magnus huffed "So you opted for telling the entire school, and let one of them tell me"

"It wasn't me or Lydia, someone heard Lydia telling the cheerlesding coach that she had to quit, and she couldn't keep her mouth shut" Alec filled him in, hoping he understood.

"Okay" was all Magnus could say, he went 2 months convincing himself Alec had told someone in school before him, and it escalated, when in reality it was an attention seeking cheerleader who couldn't keep her mouth shut.

"Okay?" was that all he needed to say to get Magnus to forgive him "I tell you all of that and you're reply is Okay"

Magnus looked up at Alec for the first time "What do you want me to say, Alec" the boy huffed a laugh "That I forgive you and we can forget this all happened, go play family?"

"No, that's not what I-"

"When I pictured our future together I thought we'd be taking these milestones together" Magnus admitted "You hurt me Alec, the one person I thought would never hurt me in such a way as you have"

"I was scared!" Alec exclaimed, scared that by admitting it to Magnus it would suddenly be all the more real "I thought you'd leave me...you never signed up for a kid, but no matter what I did you still left"

"Alec-"

"All I could think about was how the hell am I gonna raise a kid, that I'm a terrible father before it's even born" tears formed in Alec's eyes "Scared that the second I told you it would come down to having to choose between you or my baby-"

"Alec"

"No, I was terrified of what would happen to us, the sickest part is I chose you, I chose someone else over my own kid" Alec choked on that last part, it made him want to throw up "But I don't care what you say to me, that kid is mine no matter what, and I wouldn't give my baby up for anyone, and I would literally die if anything happened to that kid" gripping onto his shirt above his heart he let out an uneven breath.

Magnus pulled Alec to him, embracing him in a hug he knew he needed. Alec didn't move, he stood still with his arms burrying into Magnus' chest.

"I forgive you" Magnus whispered softly, only Alec able to hear him from the close proximity.

"What?" Alec pulled back slowly, he'd been waiting to hear that for so long now it didn't seem real.

"I forgive you" Magnus repeated "I don't understand exactly how you're feeling, but I wanna be there for you whenever you need me"

"As friends" Alec said, knowing it's what Magnus was about to say.

"As friends" he confirmed "But I'll always love you, remember that"

"I love you, I don't think I'll ever stop"

"I just...I don't think I'll be able to handle the agonising pain of going through another heartbreak with you Alec" he told the truth, this one was painful enough.

"I know" he said letting go of Magnus standing on his own, he gave one last look at the Alec before turning away.

Alec watched as he neared the gate at the park exit, something in him telling him to not let him go again. He cursed to himself as he ran to keep up with the boy, grabbing hold of his arm to spin him around.

"Fuck it" Alec pulled Magnus into him, leaning in to kiss him with all the love he holds for this one boy. It was so much better than what he'd pictured happening in his mind, it was breathtaking. When he realised Magnus had not reciprocated he pulled back with a guilty look on his face, apologising over and over again.

"Shut up" Magnus told him, pulling him back in for another kiss, much more rough than the last one "Why don't we go the my place?" he suggested in between kisses.

"Lana-"

"No ones home" he stated

"Yeah let's go" Alec kissed him one more time before taking Magnus' hand, pulling them in the direction of Magnus' place.

When Alec remembers back to that in the future he won't be able to stop from smiling, or perhaps flush when he looks back on what happened after that is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry had to end it there. Thank you for reading hope you all enjoyed it, do you think it was to soon these two rekindling their relationship or are you okay with it. I just couldn't wait I had to get them back together, anyways thank you again. Xx

Re-edited: August 22, 2020