13~Frozen in time

Alec and Magnus have been together for officially 2 months now, Alec's parents found out when his mother saw his home screen on his phone was a picture of him and his boyfriend.

It could have gone smoother but it wasn't as bad as last time, they were still with one another at least. Although, his father hasn't yet accepted it, and refuses to acknowledge it.

But when Lana came up to them that day to encourage them to tell Magnus' folks it was the most nervous Magnus ever remembers being

"Maybe I should just hang up" Magnus went to put his phone down when his mother's voice echoed through his phone speakers.

"Magnus, hi honey" her tone cheerful for once.

"Hey" Magnus gazed over at Alec who cupped his hand, giving it a squeeze "So mom there's uh...I wanna talk to about something...is dad there?"

"Yes, he's in the kitchen do you want me to call him over?" she questioned.

"Um...yes please I'd rather do this once"

"Magnus what's going on?" she asker curiosity in her voice, plus worry.

"Nothing bad...I just want to talk for a moment" he reassured his mother.

"Okay, Charles honey" they heard a grunt of a reply "Magnus is on the phone...he wants to speak with us" they heard footsteps coming nearer from the other side of the call.

"Hey kid, what's happening?" Charles' voice came through.

"There's something I want to talk about and since I'm not with you right now I thought why not do it over the phone" he trailed, his voice tainted with nerves.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" his mother inquired.

"So you guys know that I'm Bi right" he stated, he hasn't talked to them about this in a while, they'd hoped it was a phase and it would stop once they left.

"Um...yeah sure we do, Magnus what's this about your scaring me a little?" his mother's soft voice asked the boy.

"Well you remember Alec right?" Magnus looked over at his boyfriend, gesturing to the phone for him to say anything.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs.Bane" Alec's voice came through.

"Magnus if this is what I think it's about you both better be-" his father's grunted into the phone.

"Dating, why yes we are" he admitted, no shame in his statement. He got slightly annoyed when neither of them said anything "Mom? Dad? Are you going to  say anything"

"I uh...I want to understand this but I just don't" Magnus' dad said truthfully, not even attempting to be accepting.

"Magnus honey I'm not gonna deny it...I saw this coming and I've been preparing what to say" his mother admitted.

"You have?" the 3 males asked shocked.

"Yes I have" she said determined to get her point across "I never wanted to drag you off to Texas sweetie, we just didn't know what else to do" the woman replied honestly

"Really?" Magnus said uncertain if he believed her.

"Yes, and if your happy with Alec then I will do my best to understand that better this time" everyone was silent for a few seconds before his mother scoffed at their reactions "Alec?"

That's when Alec zoned back in after hearing his name, Magnus shrugged his shoulder unsure what she was about to say.

"Yes Mrs.Bane?" Alec replied confused.